    can someone give me a definition of the main differences between the three
    line of support

    thanks
    Adam, Sep 15, 2005

  2. Adam

    John Holmes Guest

    Adam blabbered in alt.computer:

    > can someone give me a definition of the main differences between the
    > three line of support
    >
    > thanks

    1st line is the nitwit answering the phone, 2nd line is the nitwit
    supporting the first nitwit and 3rd line is the fucktard who eventually
    tells you "it can't be done" and leaves you with a clean format and
    reinstall.

    HTH and HAND

    --
    Your mother was a heretical chemist who ran a successful dating agency in
    brothels.
    John Holmes, Sep 17, 2005

  3. On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:03:16 +0000 (UTC), "Adam"
    <> wrote:

    >can someone give me a definition of the main differences between the three
    >line of support

    The 1st level usually takes the customer details, logs the job if
    necessary and might try to do a basic fix. Is the computer plugged in
    and turned on sort of thing. They are usually more of a call centre
    than a help desk.
    2nd level usually knows a bit about computers and would sort out login
    problems or what to do if the computer suddenly has decided not to
    boot.
    3rd level are usually highly proficient with computers and would sort
    out any problems that 1st and 2nd level can't sort out. Why a PCMCIA
    card won't work or why does the computer crash all the time.
    In some companies, 3rd level also does servers and networking.

    Sig:
    "The cat was once revered as a god. They have never forgotten this" - Anon
    Rotes Sapiens, Sep 22, 2005