    Please let me know.

    Thanks!!

    , Feb 19, 2008

  2. philo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a 1G USB drive that was given to me, but when I try to use it,
    > it only shows only having 3 meg available. Is it somehow partitioned
    > to only show that available? Is there a way to 'recover' the
    > remaining storage to be able to use all 1G that this drive has?
    > Please let me know.
    >
    > Thanks!!

    If you are running Win2k, XP or Vista
    just go into disk management and have a look at the drive.
    you may have to delete what's there and re-create a partition using the
    whole drive

    philo, Feb 20, 2008

  3. Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a 1G USB drive that was given to me, but when I try to use it,
    > it only shows only having 3 meg available. Is it somehow partitioned
    > to only show that available? Is there a way to 'recover' the
    > remaining storage to be able to use all 1G that this drive has?
    > Please let me know.
    >
    > Thanks!!

    Right click the drive in My Computer and choose format. Should restore
    it to default.

    , Feb 20, 2008
  4. Guest

    On Feb 20, 5:05 am, "" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I have a 1G USB drive that was given to me, but when I try to use it,
    > > it only shows only having 3 meg available.  Is it somehow partitioned
    > > to only show that available?  Is there a way to 'recover' the
    > > remaining storage to be able to use all 1G that this drive has?
    > > Please let me know.

    > > Thanks!!

    > Right click the drive in My Computer and choose format. Should restore
    > it to default.

    I have tried both options, but it still only shows 3meg. Either the
    drive really only has 3 meg for some reason, or somehow it is hidden.
    It was originally given to my friend by his company that had pre-
    loaded some test software for taxes, but when he deleted the software,
    only 3 meg showed as available. It is the wierdest thing since it is
    marked by Verbatim as a 1GB drive. Anyways, I am at a loss on this
    one. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

    Thanks!!

    , Feb 20, 2008
  5. Tony Guest

    Click on the option show hidden folders or show hidden files.

    Tony, Feb 21, 2008