1999 Mhz processor?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Richard Fangnail, Sep 5, 2006.

  1. Why are some computers described as having a 1999 Mhz processor instead
    of just saying it's 2G? Is it just a convention?

    Richard Fangnail, Sep 5, 2006

  2. Richard Fangnail

    Cub Guest

    "Richard Fangnail" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Why are some computers described as having a 1999 Mhz processor instead
    > of just saying it's 2G? Is it just a convention?

    yes and no

    Cub, Sep 5, 2006

  3. Richard Fangnail

    thanatoid Guest

    "Richard Fangnail" <> wrote in

    > Why are some computers described as having a 1999 Mhz
    > processor instead of just saying it's 2G? Is it just a
    > convention?

    I haven't seen that, usually it's the other way around.
    Processors will run within a few hundreds of a percent either
    way, not to mention they can be overclocked etc.

    If you get a utility that shows you details of your running
    system, you will see that actual speed of your processor will
    vary by a digit or two all the time. It's normal. I don't know
    why it happens so don't ask me.

    thanatoid, Sep 5, 2006