1984 GE TV + buying a DVD player: will this work out?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stan, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. Stan

    Stan Guest

    Hello,

    I own an old, color GE TV built in Nov. 1984. [The model #: 25PP5859K.]
    What do I need to look for in the kind of connectors that a DVD player
    has in order to hook one up to this old TV?

    [This GE TV has:
    1) round UHF antenna terminals,
    2) rabbit ear type antenna which has flat wire running to round type
    cable TV type connection into TV,
    3) RCA type connectors for Inputs: for "Video In" and "Audio In L, R",
    and
    4) RCA type connectors for Outputs: for "Video Out" and "Audio Out".]

    Do I have to buy any extra hardware to hook up this old TV?

    Thanks,

    Stan

    Stan, Jul 5, 2003