    default the config so it won't do that. I cannot access the menu b/c of
    this.

    Thanks!

    Chris G., Jun 4, 2004

  2. Chris G.

    Chris O Guest

    "Chris G." <> wrote in message
    news:q93wc.16$...
    > I got a 1900 from ebay and I'm trying to access the console port. It's
    > sending a bunch of AT commands like it wants to talk to a modem. How can I
    > default the config so it won't do that. I cannot access the menu b/c of
    > this.
    >
    > Thanks!

    URL http://www.conserver.com/consoles/iolancons.html includes the following
    :-
    Note: Some Cisco 1900-series switches use a DB-9 console connection, instead
    of the RJ-45 connector. Some of these devices require a DCD signal on DB-9
    pin 1, while other versions of the 1900 do not want a DCD signal applied to
    DB-9 pin 1.

    If the Cisco 1900 you have attached to is spewing AT modem commands out
    the port, you have a problem. If you are using a stock adapter (with the DCD
    signal) you will need to open the adapter, and remove the wire from pin 1 of
    the DB-9 and then label the adapter so you know it has been modified. (If
    you are seeing the AT commands with a modified adapter install, get an
    unmodified adapter. :)

    HTH

    Chris O

    Chris O, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Chris G.

    mh Guest

    You need to get into rommon mode ( ctrl-break after powering up
    router) and set the config register to ignore the start-up config.
    Mark down the config register setting BEFOre you mnake any changes as
    you will need to set it back to the smae value (probablyy 0x2102).

    Download the password recovery p[rocedure from CCO and follow the
    steps in the procedure.

    mh, Jun 5, 2004