    FP monitor?

    All help is greatly appreciated.

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Mike

    Boomer Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote message ID
    news:ijYYa.2413$:

    > I want to replace my 19" Sony 400PS CRT w/ a 19" or larger flat
    > panel monitor. My PC is a Dell Dimension 1.7GHz, 512MB RDRAM,
    > either a 64MB or 32MB OEM nVida video adapter. So far, I've
    > searched www.pcmag.com and www.pcworld.com. Where else can I
    > find reviews and advice on buying a 19" FP monitor?
    >
    > All help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Mike

    Hi

    You might want to read and/or ask at one or both of these groups
    also:
    alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
    alt.comp.hardware.*

    HTH

    Boomer, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Go to www.pricewatch.com
    or go to outpost.com
    In fact if you searched google you would find ,ore places to buy the
    monitor than you can imagine.

    Kilo The MagnifiKat, Aug 9, 2003
  4. Mike

    CJ Guest

    Hi,

    I have just replace my 19" Sony with a Samsung SyncMaster 181T which is an 18" but gives a
    viewing area the same as the Sony if not greater. I'm very very pleased with it the image
    being so much brighter/sharper than the Sony. The amount of desk space you liberate is
    also a great benefit.

    I bought this after reading PC Zone where it has been one of their Flat Panel monitors of
    choice for some time now. Also now it doesn't sound like it's about to close down the
    national grid every time I switch it on!

    I bought mine from http://www.flatscreensdirect.co.uk/

    CJ

    CJ, Aug 9, 2003
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I'm looking for more reviews/buyers comments before purchasing.

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 10, 2003
  6. Mike

    Boomer Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote message ID

    > Thanks, I'll check out the pczone web site.
    > The SyncMaster got very good reviews at www.pcworld.com,
    > but I want to get a larger monitor, if I can afford it.
    >
    > Mike

    Try here also
    http://froogle.google.com/

    [snip]

    [snip]

    Boomer, Aug 10, 2003
  7. Mike

    Arawak Guest

    Any "very good" 17" Flat Panel Monitor under $400 yet?

    Champagne taste & beer bottle budget but don't want to settle for
    crappy monitor.
    Looking for a decent 17" Flat Panel Monitor under $400?

    TIA
    Arawak

    Arawak, Aug 10, 2003
  8. Mike

    LiveWire Guest

    Re: Any "very good" 17" Flat Panel Monitor under $400 yet?

    > Champagne taste & beer bottle budget but don't want to settle for
    > crappy monitor.
    > Looking for a decent 17" Flat Panel Monitor under $400?

    I know you have to draw the line somewhere, but for just a *little* ($50 or
    less) more, you can get a NEC LCD1760V, which IMO, is one of the best 17"
    flat panels out there.

    --
    LiveWire

    LiveWire, Aug 11, 2003