    running an ATI 9800 Pro vid card.

    Cheers
    BT
    BT, Jun 27, 2004

  2. BT

    EMB Guest

    In news:wDHDc.4701$,
    BT <> expelled:
    > Am in the market for a new 19' Monitor. Now I'm sure many for you out
    > there have either used or are currently using one and would like to
    > hear your feedback about em.
    >
    > The primary use will be for gaming followed by surfing web etc etc, am
    > running an ATI 9800 Pro vid card.
    >
    > Cheers
    > BT

    If you want cheap and cheerful look at the AOC 9KLR - I'm reasonably happy
    with the 2 I have bought.

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply
    EMB, Jun 27, 2004

  3. BT

    Daniel Guest

    BT wrote:
    > Am in the market for a new 19' Monitor. Now I'm sure many for you out there
    > have either used or are currently using one and would like to hear your
    > feedback about em.
    >
    > The primary use will be for gaming followed by surfing web etc etc, am
    > running an ATI 9800 Pro vid card.
    >
    > Cheers
    > BT

    DSE are selling their own flat 19" for $304, which is pretty good for a big retailer.

    I have checked the out monitor myself, looks good. They also have them in stock in
    several of their retail outlets. I recommend you pop in and do some tyre-kicking.
    Daniel, Jun 27, 2004
  4. BT

    e=mc² Guest

    For gaming and to match that vid card you'll be wanting anything with a
    Trintiron Tube. ie Philips 109P
    Anything else probably wont handle high resolutions at high refresh rates
    which your vid card can support.
    ie 1600x1200 @ 100Hz

    e=mc², Jun 27, 2004
  5. BT

    Daniel Guest

    Of course, if you're looking for a better quality tube then I'd suggest the
    Philips 109P Real Flat monitor, does 1600x1200 at a cool 85Hz.

    Daniel, Jun 27, 2004
  6. BT

    BT Guest

    thanks for that, I had spoken to a couple of other people and they had
    mentioned similar things, time to check out the prices.

    cheers
    BT

    BT, Jun 28, 2004
  7. BT

    Divine Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:12:43 +1200, BT wrote:

    > Am in the market for a new 19' Monitor. Now I'm sure many for you out there
    > have either used or are currently using one and would like to hear your
    > feedback about em.

    Philips 109p4 is a very nice monitor indeed. It can do 1600x1200 @ 85Hz -
    that's flicker free.

    It is based on a flat-screen trinitron tube.

    Originally I was sceptical about the quality of Philips monitors; But this
    one actually is nice.

    Divine

    --
    Bruce Schneier: "Honestly, security experts don't pick on Microsoft because
    we have some fundamental dislike for the company. Indeed, Microsoft's poor
    Divine, Jun 28, 2004