    "

    Also 18866 site now says "Prolonged!"

    DF

    David Floyd, May 20, 2005

  2. Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    > Just noticed this on 1899 site:
    >
    > "
    > Good news for our SIP/IAX (and Macintosh) users! We have managed to
    > increase our capacity. Therefore (and in contrary to earlier notices)
    > we will be able to support VoIP calls via alternative SIP/IAX clients.
    > Click here for installation instructions.
    > "
    >
    > Also 18866 site now says "Prolonged!"
    >
    > DF

    Maybe they listened to complaints, I know I emailed them to say they have made
    a mistake to stop access with other software / devices.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 20, 2005

  3. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 11:14:19 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >Just noticed this on 1899 site:
    >
    >"
    >Good news for our SIP/IAX (and Macintosh) users! We have managed to
    >increase our capacity. Therefore (and in contrary to earlier notices) we
    >will be able to support VoIP calls via alternative SIP/IAX clients.
    >Click here for installation instructions.
    >"
    >
    >Also 18866 site now says "Prolonged!"
    >
    >DF

    Where on the 1899 site is this David just been on and cannot find this
    statement .

    , May 20, 2005
  4. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 11:21:24 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <> wrote:

    >Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    >> Just noticed this on 1899 site:
    >>
    >> "
    >> Good news for our SIP/IAX (and Macintosh) users! We have managed to
    >> increase our capacity. Therefore (and in contrary to earlier notices)
    >> we will be able to support VoIP calls via alternative SIP/IAX clients.
    >> Click here for installation instructions.
    >> "
    >>
    >> Also 18866 site now says "Prolonged!"
    >>
    >> DF

    >Maybe they listened to complaints, I know I emailed them to say they have made
    >a mistake to stop access with other software / devices.

    Can anyone confirm for certain that they have reversed their decision
    and put everything back has it was ie free calls with no connection
    fee .

    , May 20, 2005
  5. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 20 May 2005, writes
    >On Fri, 20 May 2005 11:14:19 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Just noticed this on 1899 site:
    >>
    >>"
    >>Good news for our SIP/IAX (and Macintosh) users! We have managed to
    >>increase our capacity. Therefore (and in contrary to earlier notices) we
    >>will be able to support VoIP calls via alternative SIP/IAX clients.
    >>Click here for installation instructions.
    >>"
    >>
    >>Also 18866 site now says "Prolonged!"
    >>
    >>DF

    >Where on the 1899 site is this David just been on and cannot find this
    >statement .

    In the same place that they said that they were withdrawing the service.
    The paragraph has been replaced with the above paragraph this morning,
    see:
    https://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

    David Floyd, May 20, 2005
  6. Thus spaketh :

    http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 20, 2005
  7. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 12:18:29 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    >In message of Fri, 20 May 2005, writes
    >>On Fri, 20 May 2005 11:14:19 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>Just noticed this on 1899 site:
    >>>
    >>>"
    >>>Good news for our SIP/IAX (and Macintosh) users! We have managed to
    >>>increase our capacity. Therefore (and in contrary to earlier notices) we
    >>>will be able to support VoIP calls via alternative SIP/IAX clients.
    >>>Click here for installation instructions.
    >>>"
    >>>
    >>>Also 18866 site now says "Prolonged!"
    >>>
    >>>DF

    >>Where on the 1899 site is this David just been on and cannot find this
    >>statement .

    >In the same place that they said that they were withdrawing the service.
    >The paragraph has been replaced with the above paragraph this morning,
    >see:
    >https://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

    Has the pricing announcement now reverted back to 0p pr minute again .

    , May 20, 2005
  8. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 20 May 2005, writes
    >On Fri, 20 May 2005 12:18:29 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>In message of Fri, 20 May 2005, writes

    >>>Where on the 1899 site is this David just been on and cannot find this
    >>>statement .

    >>In the same place that they said that they were withdrawing the service.
    >>The paragraph has been replaced with the above paragraph this morning,
    >>see:
    >>https://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

    >Has the pricing announcement now reverted back to 0p pr minute again .

    Don't know - can't make connection this morning on my ATA-486 although I
    can connect to JD and Sipgate. I am still playing with settings.

    David

    David Floyd, May 20, 2005
  9. David Floyd

    Tim Morley Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 May 2005 12:18:29 +0100, David Floyd <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In message of Fri, 20 May 2005, writes

    >>>Where on the 1899 site is this David just been on and cannot find this
    >>>statement .

    >>In the same place that they said that they were withdrawing the service.
    >>The paragraph has been replaced with the above paragraph this morning,
    >>see:
    >>https://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

    > Has the pricing announcement now reverted back to 0p pr minute again .

    Look at the VOIP Price list:

    "This is the extra low 1899-voip rate list, with special discounts, free
    destinations and NO connection fees. To benefit from these special prices,
    you must call via the 1899 Voip application "

    This does not look promising

    Tim Morley, May 20, 2005
  10. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 13:20:27 GMT, "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE
    UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >"This is the extra low 1899-voip rate list, with special discounts, free
    >destinations and NO connection fees. To benefit from these special prices,
    >you must call via the 1899 Voip application "
    >

    >This does not look promising

    Has I thought Tim the announcement using anything other than their
    software says 1p per minute.

    , May 20, 2005
  11. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 13:20:27 GMT, "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE
    UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >Look at the VOIP Price list:
    >"This is the extra low 1899-voip rate list, with special discounts, free
    >destinations and NO connection fees. To benefit from these special prices,
    >you must call via the 1899 Voip application "

    Hmm. BT landline calls 1899 calls to Canada (fixed & mobile) 0.5p,
    voip calls to Canada (fixed & mobile) 1p. To USA via BT landline 0.5p
    (fixed line) 3p (mobiles tee hee hee), voip 1p (fixed line) and 3p
    (mobile, yet again).

    It looks like they've lost the plot somewhere.

    --
    amos

    , May 20, 2005
  12. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:33:46 +0100, lid wrote:

    >On Fri, 20 May 2005 13:20:27 GMT, "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE
    >UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>Look at the VOIP Price list:
    >>"This is the extra low 1899-voip rate list, with special discounts, free
    >>destinations and NO connection fees. To benefit from these special prices,
    >>you must call via the 1899 Voip application "
    >>

    >Hmm. BT landline calls 1899 calls to Canada (fixed & mobile) 0.5p,
    >voip calls to Canada (fixed & mobile) 1p. To USA via BT landline 0.5p
    >(fixed line) 3p (mobiles tee hee hee), voip 1p (fixed line) and 3p
    >(mobile, yet again).
    >
    >It looks like they've lost the plot somewhere.

    They have had it now it seems they just cannot make there minds up
    what they are doing or charging .I have just updated my Just Dial
    account to JD max which gives me free calls of up to 75 minutes 24/7.
    For the benefit of David Floyd again I have had it confirmed by JD
    customer service that the 75 minutes means 75 MINUTES PR CALL
    I did point out to the guy that the statement regarding the 75 minutes
    was rather ambiguous and he said he would take steps to make this more
    clear .

    , May 20, 2005
  13. David Floyd

    Roly Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 May 2005 13:20:27 GMT, "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE
    > UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >>"This is the extra low 1899-voip rate list, with special discounts, free
    >>destinations and NO connection fees. To benefit from these special prices,
    >>you must call via the 1899 Voip application "
    >>

    >>This does not look promising

    > Has I thought Tim the announcement using anything other than their
    > software says 1p per minute.

    Yeah I've tried calling a geographic number via IAX2 from Asterisk and get
    an announcement saying 1p per minute. Couldn't last forever I suppose! :-(

    Roly.

    Roly, May 20, 2005
  14. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 20 May 2005, writes
    >On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:33:46 +0100, lid wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 20 May 2005 13:20:27 GMT, "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE
    >>UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Look at the VOIP Price list:
    >>>"This is the extra low 1899-voip rate list, with special discounts, free
    >>>destinations and NO connection fees. To benefit from these special prices,
    >>>you must call via the 1899 Voip application "
    >>>

    >>Hmm. BT landline calls 1899 calls to Canada (fixed & mobile) 0.5p,
    >>voip calls to Canada (fixed & mobile) 1p. To USA via BT landline 0.5p
    >>(fixed line) 3p (mobiles tee hee hee), voip 1p (fixed line) and 3p
    >>(mobile, yet again).
    >>
    >>It looks like they've lost the plot somewhere.

    >They have had it now it seems they just cannot make there minds up
    >what they are doing or charging .I have just updated my Just Dial
    >account to JD max which gives me free calls of up to 75 minutes 24/7.
    >For the benefit of David Floyd again I have had it confirmed by JD
    >customer service that the 75 minutes means 75 MINUTES PR CALL
    >I did point out to the guy that the statement regarding the 75 minutes
    >was rather ambiguous and he said he would take steps to make this more
    >clear .

    Thanks again for that information. It's not worth me upgrading as I
    wouldn't use £5 of daytime UK calls. But the 75mins per offpeak and
    w/end calls and a reliable voicemail and the ability to redirect calls
    is worth £1.99 per month after the problems with sipgate.

    David

    David Floyd, May 20, 2005
  15. David Floyd

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    In news:,
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <> pop his head above the parapit and
    spewed forth:
    || Thus spaketh :
    ||| Where on the 1899 site is this David just been on and cannot find this
    ||| statement .
    || http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php

    It states on thier site:

    Super VOIP Deals!pence/min

    UK National Calls (land lines)0.0 !!
    UK mobiles (sat/sun)2

    Yet when I try to call to my geographical number it says 1p per min :(

    ^^artnada^^, May 20, 2005
  16. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:42:32 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >{{{{{Welcome}}}}} <> pop his head above the parapit and
    >spewed forth:
    >|| Thus spaketh :
    >|| http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php
    >
    >It states on thier site:
    >
    >Super VOIP Deals!pence/min
    >
    >UK National Calls (land lines)0.0 !!
    >UK mobiles (sat/sun)2
    >
    >Yet when I try to call to my geographical number it says 1p per min :(

    This only applies when you use their software 1p a minute with any
    other software .

    , May 20, 2005
  17. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 16:29:38 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:
    >Thanks again for that information. It's not worth me upgrading as I
    >wouldn't use £5 of daytime UK calls. But the 75mins per offpeak and
    >w/end calls and a reliable voicemail and the ability to redirect calls
    >is worth £1.99 per month after the problems with sipgate.

    The thing is David I know now I cam pick up the phone and make any
    number of UK calls day or night and the bill will always be the same I
    would have been more than happy to take on the 1000 minutes from
    Sipgate had they not wanted to be taking a tenner a month each month
    when in fact they where only due 5.99 or 4.99 Sipgates loss not mine .

    , May 20, 2005

  18. >
    > They have had it now it seems they just cannot make there minds up
    > what they are doing or charging .I have just updated my Just Dial
    > account to JD max which gives me free calls of up to 75 minutes 24/7.
    > For the benefit of David Floyd again I have had it confirmed by JD
    > customer service that the 75 minutes means 75 MINUTES PR CALL
    > I did point out to the guy that the statement regarding the 75 minutes
    > was rather ambiguous and he said he would take steps to make this more
    > clear .

    Did you have to have a number change when you upgraded to JD max?

    bacillus cereus, May 20, 2005
  19. David Floyd

    Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 17:03:40 GMT, bacillus cereus
    <> wrote:

    >Did you have to have a number change when you upgraded to JD max?

    Yes new everything they cancel previous account and open up a new one
    for you .

    , May 20, 2005
  20. David Floyd

    ^^artnada^^ Guest

    In news:,
    <> pop his head above the
    parapit and spewed forth:
    || On Fri, 20 May 2005 15:42:32 GMT, "^^artnada^^"
    || <> wrote:
    ||| In news:,
    ||| {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <> pop his head above the parapit and
    ||| spewed forth:
    ||| It states on thier site:
    ||| Super VOIP Deals!pence/min
    ||| UK National Calls (land lines)0.0 !!
    ||| UK mobiles (sat/sun)2
    ||| Yet when I try to call to my geographical number it says 1p per min :(
    || This only applies when you use their software 1p a minute with any
    || other software .

    No, I just tried thier software, and it says "1p per minute".

    ^^artnada^^, May 20, 2005