    Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs, or just they
    will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get anything but a standard
    reply from them.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 17, 2005

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 17 May 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
    >http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php
    >
    >In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
    >discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from 20.05.2005
    >Please switch over to the 1899 client software before this date.
    >

    >Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs, or just they
    >will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get anything but a standard
    >reply from them.

    Can they tell what client we're using then?

    DF

    David Floyd, May 17, 2005

  3. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Dave Gill Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <> wrote:

    > Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs, or just they
    > will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get anything but a standard
    > reply from them.

    Dunno, but I think their pet client is IAX, so maybe they intend to pull
    SIP support?

    Dave Gill, May 17, 2005
  4. Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    > In message of Tue, 17 May 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
    >> http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php
    >>
    >> In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
    >> discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from
    >> 20.05.2005 Please switch over to the 1899 client software before
    >> this date. Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs,
    >> or
    >> just they will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get
    >> anything but a standard reply from them.
    >>

    > Can they tell what client we're using then?
    >
    > DF

    That's what I was wondering. Unless they add something hidden into the login
    details. Would annoy many people if you are prevented from using 3rd party
    programs or VoIP hardware.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 17, 2005
  5. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:21:45 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <> wrote:

    >http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php
    >
    >In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
    >discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from 20.05.2005
    >Please switch over to the 1899 client software before this date.

    So I download the new s/w. This release installs *properly* (i.e. it
    can be removed *properly*) this time.

    It configures OK, (if an attempt to use an unregistered phone number
    then an error message from 1899 server occurs) with either my 1899
    number or my sipgate number. The hardware USB @phone interfaces
    perfectly, all phone buttons do the right thing, (thats more than they
    did on X-Lite).

    Pick up phone, dial in my home landlinenumber, press connect. An 1899
    s/w message saying "calling xxxxxxxxx" appears but no ringing heard in
    handset, no ringing on landline, then after about 10 seconds an 1899
    s/w message saying , "other party disconnect". Hey ho! Just like 403
    errors on X-Lite then!

    Bugger it back to landline phone and 18866 during daytime.

    --
    amos

    , May 17, 2005
  6. Thus spaketh lid:
    > On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:21:45 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php
    >>
    >> In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
    >> discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from
    >> 20.05.2005 Please switch over to the 1899 client software before
    >> this date.

    > So I download the new s/w. This release installs *properly* (i.e. it
    > can be removed *properly*) this time.
    >
    > It configures OK, (if an attempt to use an unregistered phone number
    > then an error message from 1899 server occurs) with either my 1899
    > number or my sipgate number. The hardware USB @phone interfaces
    > perfectly, all phone buttons do the right thing, (thats more than they
    > did on X-Lite).
    >
    > Pick up phone, dial in my home landlinenumber, press connect. An 1899
    > s/w message saying "calling xxxxxxxxx" appears but no ringing heard in
    > handset, no ringing on landline, then after about 10 seconds an 1899
    > s/w message saying , "other party disconnect". Hey ho! Just like 403
    > errors on X-Lite then!
    >
    > Bugger it back to landline phone and 18866 during daytime.

    Same here, still not working on original added numbers, which includes my
    landline. Yet add a new number to 1899 and it will work with them.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 17, 2005
  7. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    sandman112 Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php
    >
    > In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
    > discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from
    > 20.05.2005 Please switch over to the 1899 client software before this
    > date.
    >

    > Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs, or just
    > they will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get anything but a
    > standard reply from them.

    ohh well there goes another great idea ... good job i didnt go and fork out
    60 quid for a Sipura ata thingy. Looks like its back to the landline for me

    sandman112, May 17, 2005
  8. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 19:50:14 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <> wrote:

    >Thus spaketh lid:
    >> On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:21:45 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php
    >>>
    >>> In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
    >>> discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from
    >>> 20.05.2005 Please switch over to the 1899 client software before
    >>> this date.

    >> So I download the new s/w. This release installs *properly* (i.e. it
    >> can be removed *properly*) this time.
    >>
    >> It configures OK, (if an attempt to use an unregistered phone number
    >> then an error message from 1899 server occurs) with either my 1899
    >> number or my sipgate number. The hardware USB @phone interfaces
    >> perfectly, all phone buttons do the right thing, (thats more than they
    >> did on X-Lite).
    >>
    >> Pick up phone, dial in my home landlinenumber, press connect. An 1899
    >> s/w message saying "calling xxxxxxxxx" appears but no ringing heard in
    >> handset, no ringing on landline, then after about 10 seconds an 1899
    >> s/w message saying , "other party disconnect". Hey ho! Just like 403
    >> errors on X-Lite then!
    >>
    >> Bugger it back to landline phone and 18866 during daytime.

    >Same here, still not working on original added numbers, which includes my
    >landline. Yet add a new number to 1899 and it will work with them.

    Registered my sister's phone number with 1899 and configured 1899 new
    s/w and X-Lite with the number. Both 1899 new s/w and X-Lite ring my
    land line. Revert configurations to my sipgate (log time registered
    number) and back to "other party disconnect" from 1899 new s/w and 403
    errors on X-Lite.

    Having now removed X-Lite from the problem I will report to 1899 that
    their new s/w and my phone number(s) don't work but newly registered
    ones do, contrary to what they state about voip availability on their
    web site.

    What will probably happen after I have reported it is that new numbers
    will be stopped from working and the old numbers will still not work.

    8-(

    --
    amos

    , May 17, 2005
  9. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Tim Morley Guest

    "sandman112" <sandman112[SPAMTRAPER]@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php
    >>
    >> In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
    >> discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from
    >> 20.05.2005 Please switch over to the 1899 client software before this
    >> date.
    >>

    >> Do they mean, you will no longer be able to use other programs, or just
    >> they will not offer help with them. Not that you ever get anything but a
    >> standard reply from them.
    >>

    > ohh well there goes another great idea ... good job i didnt go and fork
    > out 60 quid for a Sipura ata thingy. Looks like its back to the landline
    > for me

    Just what I was thinking, ie trying to get rid of the connection charge!

    Tim Morley, May 18, 2005
  10. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    OxSc Guest

    lid wrote:
    > On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:21:45 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.call1899.co.uk/voip.php
    >>
    >>In order to save capacity for our 1899 client software users, we will
    >>discontinue supporting other SIP/IAX devices on our network as from 20.05.2005
    >>Please switch over to the 1899 client software before this date.

    > So I download the new s/w. This release installs *properly* (i.e. it
    > can be removed *properly*) this time.
    >
    > It configures OK, (if an attempt to use an unregistered phone number
    > then an error message from 1899 server occurs) with either my 1899
    > number or my sipgate number. The hardware USB @phone interfaces
    > perfectly, all phone buttons do the right thing, (thats more than they
    > did on X-Lite).
    >
    > Pick up phone, dial in my home landlinenumber, press connect. An 1899
    > s/w message saying "calling xxxxxxxxx" appears but no ringing heard in
    > handset, no ringing on landline, then after about 10 seconds an 1899
    > s/w message saying , "other party disconnect". Hey ho! Just like 403
    > errors on X-Lite then!
    >
    > Bugger it back to landline phone and 18866 during daytime.

    I have exactly the same problem, although it used to work fine for me.
    It looks as though a select band of 1899 customers are no longer able to
    make VOIP calls, and you and I are proud members of that band. Ho hum.

    OxSc, May 18, 2005
  11. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:11:22 +0100, OxSc <> wrote:

    >I have exactly the same problem, although it used to work fine for me.
    >It looks as though a select band of 1899 customers are no longer able to
    >make VOIP calls, and you and I are proud members of that band. Ho hum.

    Working ok here today .

    , May 18, 2005
  12. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 18 May 2005, writes
    >On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:11:22 +0100, OxSc <> wrote:
    >>>

    >>I have exactly the same problem, although it used to work fine for me.
    >>It looks as though a select band of 1899 customers are no longer able to
    >>make VOIP calls, and you and I are proud members of that band. Ho hum.

    >Working ok here today .

    Although I notice that this week the CLI being delivered has a variety
    of formats.

    I usually check that my VoIP connection is working OK by calling my
    landline and ringing off as soon the number appears on the box. This
    has usually been in the expected format of 0117abcdefg

    However all this week I have seen:
    0044117abcdefg (although the last digit doesn't show on the display)
    INTERNATIONAL
    Unavailable

    David

    David Floyd, May 18, 2005