  1. At first it was only my spoofed numbers that stopped working with 1899's VoIP
    service, now not one of my real numbers work either. Anyone else having this
    problem?

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 12, 2005

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Bob L Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 13:30:54 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <> wrote:

    >At first it was only my spoofed numbers that stopped working with 1899's VoIP
    >service, now not one of my real numbers work either. Anyone else having this
    >problem?

    I registered my two normal landline numbers some while ago and all was
    working, I then added two sipgate numbers - all has been working for
    some weeks, then yesterday the Forbidden showed up, but I have never
    used the sipgate numbers as far as I rememember, for cli dialling out.
    Software - using x-ten lite (sip), another IAX softphone just says
    Call disconnected by remote as does their own.

    This seems to be happening more and more as other people have
    commented on it on the Moneysavingexpert.com telephone board.

    I have raised a fault (!) and e-mailed voip feedback but I think they
    will ignore it as very few people seem to get replies - so much for
    any type of customer dervice.

    I have setup a new account using alternative number and credit card
    and VOIP works !, so me thinks they are blocking access for some
    reason.

    I can use a normal landline phone with no problem.

    If it does not start working I shall cancel the current account and
    move over to the new one.

    Bob L, May 12, 2005

  3. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    <> wrote:

    >At first it was only my spoofed numbers that stopped working with 1899'sVoIP
    >service, now not one of my real numbers work either. Anyone else havingthis
    >problem?

    Yes still having problem up to today. Did you get a fix?

    --
    amos

    , May 15, 2005
  4. Thus spaketh lid:
    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 13:30:54 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> At first it was only my spoofed numbers that stopped working with
    >> 1899's VoIP service, now not one of my real numbers work either.
    >> Anyone else having this problem?
    >>

    > Yes still having problem up to today. Did you get a fix?

    Still not working, and still no answer.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 15, 2005
  5. Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
    > Thus spaketh lid:
    >> On Thu, 12 May 2005 13:30:54 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> At first it was only my spoofed numbers that stopped working with
    >>> 1899's VoIP service, now not one of my real numbers work either.
    >>> Anyone else having this problem?
    >>>

    >> Yes still having problem up to today. Did you get a fix?

    > Still not working, and still no answer.

    I have added a new number to my account, and that now is working for VoIP,
    strange that I can't use my landline number for VoIP at the moment.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 15, 2005
  6. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Graham Guest

    > >> Yes still having problem up to today. Did you get a fix?

    > > Still not working, and still no answer.

    > I have added a new number to my account, and that now is working for VoIP,
    > strange that I can't use my landline number for VoIP at the moment.

    Getting the same here.

    Non of the numbers already registered on 1899 work anymore (404 forbidden)
    Any new numbers I register work OK

    I have tried removing the old numbers, and then reinstating them but they
    still don't work.

    I am going to remove my home number and my Sipgate number (the ones I really
    need) overnight, in case the system needs more time to forget about them,
    then I will try and put them back

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, May 15, 2005
  7. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Graham Guest

    I have raised this with call1899.com via their contact-us portal.
    I will post their reply here, when and if they send me one.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, May 15, 2005
  8. Thus spaketh Graham:
    > I have raised this with call1899.com via their contact-us portal.
    > I will post their reply here, when and if they send me one.

    I received earlier today a reply to my fault raised, just saying log it with
    the VoIP feedback, even though I have done that I never get a reply.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 16, 2005
  9. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Graham Guest

    > > I have raised this with call1899.com via their contact-us portal.
    > > I will post their reply here, when and if they send me one.

    > I received earlier today a reply to my fault raised, just saying log it

    with
    > the VoIP feedback, even though I have done that I never get a reply.

    Yes, looks like I got the same standard reply today
    The thing is, that I think I accessed the response form from the 'non VOIP'
    part of the site
    So I made sure I accessed the 'report a fault' form from the VOIP page but
    the URL seems the same in both places.
    http://www.call1899.co.uk/customercare.php?act=report&step=3

    So it looks like we are being led up the proverbial garden path.

    Its only the numbers that were 'permanently' registered that don't work, my
    home PSTN and my Sipgate numbers for example, its as if they have been
    blacklisted. I tried removing them overnight but they still wont work.

    Any new number I care to register works fine.
    Even obvious spoofs like STD 000 0000 work and I haven't noticed these cut
    off on me like you reported.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, May 16, 2005
  10. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:48:45 +0100, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <> wrote:

    >Thus spaketh Graham:
    >> I have raised this with call1899.com via their contact-us portal.
    >> I will post their reply here, when and if they send me one.

    >I received earlier today a reply to my fault raised, just saying log it with
    >the VoIP feedback, even though I have done that I never get a reply.

    Same as the reply I received when I reported the problem.

    --
    amos

    , May 17, 2005