    client. It used to work fine, anyone else having problems?
    --
    Regards Charley

    Charley Moore, May 27, 2005

  2. "Charley Moore" <> wrote
    in message news:...
    >I have not been able to get 1899 VOIP to work even using their latest
    > client. It used to work fine, anyone else having problems?

    I gave up on their client after it insisted on auto updating itself to a
    broken version which locked up my PC.

    I now use iaxComm.
    http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/

    --

    Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

    To email me remove the letter vee.

    Brian Gregory [UK], May 28, 2005

  3. On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
    <> wrote:

    >I now use iaxComm.

    when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
    the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
    password still there ?

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !

    Phil Thompson, May 28, 2005
  4. "Phil Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
    > the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
    > password still there ?

    I don't remember anything like that.

    Brian Gregory [UK], May 28, 2005
  5. Charley Moore

    Oldie Guest

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 09:48:01 +0100, Phil Thompson
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I now use iaxComm.

    >when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
    >the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
    >password still there ?
    >
    >Phil

    Mine did, but it still stored the details OK.

    Oldie

    Oldie, May 28, 2005
  6. Phil Thompson <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I now use iaxComm.

    >when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky at
    >the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
    >password still there ?
    >
    >Phil

    Yes it did but I can't get 1899 to work with any other client. I have tried
    Firefly, Xlite and iaxCom, none of them ring out and then I usually get a
    message like "Call disconnected by remote".
    --
    Regards Charley

    Charley Moore, May 28, 2005
  7. Thus spaketh Charley Moore:
    > Phil Thompson <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:58:08 +0100, "Brian Gregory [UK]"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I now use iaxComm.

    >> when you set up the accounts did the dialog box do something freaky
    >> at the end - like come back with the details missing but the obscured
    >> password still there ?
    >>
    >> Phil

    > Yes it did but I can't get 1899 to work with any other client. I have
    > tried Firefly, Xlite and iaxCom, none of them ring out and then I
    > usually get a message like "Call disconnected by remote".

    Sounds like your registered number has been blocked by 1899, you need to add
    another number, and use VoIP with that.

    For Free £10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or £5 when referred to
    easyMobile contact me via above site.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 28, 2005
  8. "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote:

    >Sounds like your registered number has been blocked by 1899, you need to add
    >another number, and use VoIP with that.

    I have tried to add another number, so far no success. It accepts the
    number and tells me it will take up 30mins for it to register but does not
    appear to update. Perhaps it's having a long weekend :)

    --
    Regards Charley

    Charley Moore, May 29, 2005
  9. Charley Moore

    Me Guest

    Sorry to tell you Charley, but I tried adding a new number last night
    (a new Sipgate number) into the 1899 client and, after 2 weeks, I now
    have the 1899 client working again.

    Me

    Me, May 29, 2005
  10. Me <> wrote:

    >Sorry to tell you Charley, but I tried adding a new number last night
    >(a new Sipgate number) into the 1899 client and, after 2 weeks, I now
    >have the 1899 client working again.
    >
    >Me

    My additional number has now added successfully, just took a long time.
    Unfortunately I still can't make a call. It used to work with several
    clients :(
    --
    Regards Charley

    Charley Moore, May 30, 2005