    there is a VOIP phone I could plug into my router/phone line to make calls
    via 1899 and recieve call normaly via BT, is there such a device. I would
    like the phone to be cordless if possible.

    Phil, May 10, 2005

  2. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Forogot to say I have a Belkin 4 port router and have a normal cordless
    phone already, so is there an adaptor I could use instead of buying a VOIP
    phone?

    Phil, May 10, 2005

  3. Phil

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 10 May 2005, Phil writes
    >Forogot to say I have a Belkin 4 port router and have a normal cordless
    >phone already, so is there an adaptor I could use instead of buying a VOIP
    >phone?

    I use a Grandstream ATA-486, which works OK in this situation.

    DF

    David Floyd, May 10, 2005
  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

    > I use a Grandstream ATA-486, which works OK in this situation.
    >
    > DF

    Thanks for the info. Is this device easy to configure? I take it my PC
    doesn't need to be on after I have configured it?

    Phil, May 10, 2005
  5. Phil

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 10 May 2005, Phil writes
    >> I use a Grandstream ATA-486, which works OK in this situation.
    >>
    >> DF

    >Thanks for the info. Is this device easy to configure? I take it my PC
    >doesn't need to be on after I have configured it?

    Yes, the configuration information is on the 1899 web page.

    No, your computer doesn't need to be on if it is plugged into an
    ethernet modem (or router).

    DF

    David Floyd, May 10, 2005
  6. Phil

    Phil Guest

    I have been looking into this further. I looked at the diagram here
    http://www.myphonecall.co.uk/voip/telephoneadapters/grandstream/Grandstream_HandyTone_486.aspx
    and it looks as if it has to be connected to my PC in line with my router,
    is this correct? Would I have to unplug my router from my PC plug the 486
    into my pc and then into my router? Once everything is plugged in I take it
    I configure it from my PC and will I also have to forward some ports in my
    router?

    Phil, May 13, 2005

    LUCIO NOTARANGELO, May 13, 2005