    Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.

    Thanks again folk.

    Pete.

    Pete, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Pete

    sandman112 Guest

    "Pete" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9677E65C8BFB9peteyoucom@63.223.7.250...
    > Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but as
    > some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how long it
    > is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?
    >
    > I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the lists are
    > closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.
    >
    > Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! :)))
    >
    > Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
    > provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.
    >
    > Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks again folk.
    >
    > Pete.

    dont know if this still works, it used to,

    you could use your 18866 username and password with the settings (servers
    and stuff) for 1899
    it used to work a couple of months ago, worth a try

    sandman112, Jun 16, 2005

  3. Thus spaketh Pete:
    > Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but
    > as some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how
    > long it is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?
    >
    > I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the
    > lists are closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.
    >
    > Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! :)))
    >
    > Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
    > provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.
    >
    > Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks again folk.
    >
    > Pete.

    If you are happy to use VoIP, you could try www.voipbuster.com which offer
    free calls to the USA.

    Wonder if 1899 they have completely disabled sign-ups, or you can use the old
    trick of signing up using your mobile, and then once you have your customer
    number, log back in and add your landline.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote in

    > Wonder if 1899 they have completely disabled sign-ups, or you can use
    > the old trick of signing up using your mobile, and then once you have
    > your customer number, log back in and add your landline.

    An excellent suggestion and it worked instantly - THANK YOU for that.

    Pete

    Pete, Jun 17, 2005
  5. Pete

    Graham Guest

    "Pete" <> wrote in message
    > Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but as
    > some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how long it
    > is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?
    >
    > I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the lists are
    > closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.
    >
    > Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! :)))
    >
    > Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
    > provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.
    >
    > Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks again folk.
    >
    > Pete.

    When I tried to register in May I got the-

    "Due to lack of capacity it is currently not possible to register. Please
    wait at least 6 weeks before attempting to register again"
    message.

    I tried with my Daughters number and it was successful.

    I developed the 'theory' that the registration failed because the line was
    already signed up to 18866, but I wasn't able to prove this conclusively

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Jun 17, 2005
  6. Thus spaketh Graham:
    > "Pete" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi again VoIPers - I appreciate that this is not a VoIP question but
    >> as some of you are certainly using 1899, could you plese tell me how
    >> long it is since they stopped accepting new sign-ups?
    >>
    >> I tried to join today and got an email back from them saying the
    >> lists are closed and to wait at least six weeks before re-applying.
    >>
    >> Not good enough, I want to use their service NOW!!! :)))
    >>
    >> Well they are cheaper for calls to the US than 18866 (my main service
    >> provider) and I am not aware of anyone else providing 0.5p pricing.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts or suggestions will be much appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks again folk.
    >>
    >> Pete.

    > When I tried to register in May I got the-
    >
    > "Due to lack of capacity it is currently not possible to register.
    > Please wait at least 6 weeks before attempting to register again"
    > message.
    >
    > I tried with my Daughters number and it was successful.
    >
    > I developed the 'theory' that the registration failed because the
    > line was already signed up to 18866, but I wasn't able to prove this
    > conclusively

    Register with a mobile and it will work.

    My sister never had 18866 or 1899 when she tried to sign up, and 18866 gave
    the capacity problem, so wouldn't be due to having another of their services,
    think it's due to ensuring they don't have too many people making calls at the
    same time from the same area (capacity). Got my sister to register with her
    mobile instead first, and was able to sign up to both,

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 17, 2005