    won't work as there is no username, password etc for it.

    In fact I can't see how to get any dial-to-me number working with 18866.

    Can someone help, please?

    Web Sniffer, Jun 13, 2005

  2. "Web Sniffer" <> wrote in message
    news:1118686241.364c9e0f3f7562ff967ca7a31387b1d7@teranews...

    > I'm a complete newbie at this, so please bear with me.
    >
    > I have a Sipgate number with the X-lite softphone which worked fine.
    >
    > I thought it might be sensible to use 18866's VOIP system.
    >
    > But when I use the 18866 settings, I can dial out via 18866 at their
    > prices but -- understandably -- the Sipgate number for people to ring me
    > won't work as there is no username, password etc for it.
    >
    > In fact I can't see how to get any dial-to-me number working with 18866.
    >
    > Can someone help, please?

    18866 VoIP service is a dial out service only.

    What you need to do is add both the Sipgate settings, and the 18866 settings
    to x-lite.

    For example 18866 settings in the default proxy, and then sipgate settings
    in proxy 1.

    If you want 18866 to display your sipgate number when dialling out, add that
    number to 18866 and then use that number as log in details for 18866.

    {{{{Welcome}}}}, Jun 13, 2005

  3. Web Sniffer

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Mon, 13 Jun 2005, {{{{Welcome}}}} writes

    >"Web Sniffer" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> I'm a complete newbie at this, so please bear with me.
    >>
    >> I have a Sipgate number with the X-lite softphone which worked fine.
    >>
    >> I thought it might be sensible to use 18866's VOIP system.
    >>
    >> But when I use the 18866 settings, I can dial out via 18866 at their
    >> prices but -- understandably -- the Sipgate number for people to ring me
    >> won't work as there is no username, password etc for it.
    >>
    >> In fact I can't see how to get any dial-to-me number working with 18866.
    >>
    >> Can someone help, please?
    >>

    >18866 VoIP service is a dial out service only.
    >
    >What you need to do is add both the Sipgate settings, and the 18866 settings
    >to x-lite.
    >
    >For example 18866 settings in the default proxy, and then sipgate settings
    >in proxy 1.
    >
    >If you want 18866 to display your sipgate number when dialling out, add that
    >number to 18866 and then use that number as log in details for 18866.

    You can't do that any more :-(

    David

    David Floyd, Jun 13, 2005
  4. Web Sniffer

    Web Sniffer Guest

    In article <W3z2axBaHgrCFwKC@127.0.0.1>, says...
    > In message of Mon, 13 Jun 2005, {{{{Welcome}}}} writes
    > >
    > >"Web Sniffer" <> wrote in message
    > >>

    > >> I'm a complete newbie at this, so please bear with me.
    > >>
    > >> I have a Sipgate number with the X-lite softphone which worked fine.
    > >>
    > >> I thought it might be sensible to use 18866's VOIP system.
    > >>
    > >> But when I use the 18866 settings, I can dial out via 18866 at their
    > >> prices but -- understandably -- the Sipgate number for people to ring me
    > >> won't work as there is no username, password etc for it.
    > >>
    > >> In fact I can't see how to get any dial-to-me number working with 18866.
    > >>
    > >> Can someone help, please?
    > >>

    > >18866 VoIP service is a dial out service only.
    > >
    > >What you need to do is add both the Sipgate settings, and the 18866 settings
    > >to x-lite.
    > >
    > >For example 18866 settings in the default proxy, and then sipgate settings
    > >in proxy 1.
    > >
    > >If you want 18866 to display your sipgate number when dialling out, add that
    > >number to 18866 and then use that number as log in details for 18866.
    > >

    > You can't do that any more :-(
    >
    > David

    Which bit can't you do?

    Web Sniffer, Jun 14, 2005
  5. Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    > In message of Mon, 13 Jun 2005, {{{{Welcome}}}} writes
    >>
    >> "Web Sniffer" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> I'm a complete newbie at this, so please bear with me.
    >>>
    >>> I have a Sipgate number with the X-lite softphone which worked fine.
    >>>
    >>> I thought it might be sensible to use 18866's VOIP system.
    >>>
    >>> But when I use the 18866 settings, I can dial out via 18866 at their
    >>> prices but -- understandably -- the Sipgate number for people to
    >>> ring me won't work as there is no username, password etc for it.
    >>>
    >>> In fact I can't see how to get any dial-to-me number working with
    >>> 18866. Can someone help, please?
    >>>

    >> 18866 VoIP service is a dial out service only.
    >>
    >> What you need to do is add both the Sipgate settings, and the 18866
    >> settings to x-lite.
    >>
    >> For example 18866 settings in the default proxy, and then sipgate
    >> settings in proxy 1.
    >>
    >> If you want 18866 to display your sipgate number when dialling out,
    >> add that number to 18866 and then use that number as log in details
    >> for 18866.

    > You can't do that any more :-(
    >
    > David

    If you mean you can't add a sipgate number to 18866 and then use:

    Server: iax.call18866.co.uk
    Username: 18866[+full sipgate number]
    Password: 18866 account number

    Then I have just added another sipgate number to 18866 and am able to call
    from 18866 with the sipgate number displayed.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 14, 2005
  6. "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    >> In message of Mon, 13 Jun 2005, {{{{Welcome}}}} writes
    >>>
    >>> "Web Sniffer" <> wrote in message

    >>> 18866 VoIP service is a dial out service only.
    >>>
    >>> What you need to do is add both the Sipgate settings, and the 18866
    >>> settings to x-lite.
    >>>
    >>> For example 18866 settings in the default proxy, and then sipgate
    >>> settings in proxy 1.
    >>>
    >>> If you want 18866 to display your sipgate number when dialling out,
    >>> add that number to 18866 and then use that number as log in details
    >>> for 18866.

    >> You can't do that any more :-(
    >>
    >> David

    > If you mean you can't add a sipgate number to 18866 and then use:
    >
    > Server: iax.call18866.co.uk
    > Username: 18866[+full sipgate number]
    > Password: 18866 account number
    >
    > Then I have just added another sipgate number to 18866 and am able to call
    > from 18866 with the sipgate number displayed.

    I wish I was.

    Been trying for some time. I'll end up collecting more Sipgate numbers than
    I need at this rate.

    I can use 18866 from my landline but not with VOIP

    1899, I can use with numbers I registered with originally, however, no new
    number will work.

    The Cable Guy, Jun 14, 2005
  7. Web Sniffer

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
    >Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    >> In message of Mon, 13 Jun 2005, {{{{Welcome}}}} writes
    >>>

    >>> If you want 18866 to display your sipgate number when dialling out,
    >>> add that number to 18866 and then use that number as log in details
    >>> for 18866.

    >> You can't do that any more :-(
    >>
    >> David

    >If you mean you can't add a sipgate number to 18866 and then use:
    >
    >Server: iax.call18866.co.uk
    >Username: 18866[+full sipgate number]
    >Password: 18866 account number
    >
    >Then I have just added another sipgate number to 18866 and am able to call
    >from 18866 with the sipgate number displayed.

    I don't think you can do that using SIP with an ATA.

    DF

    David Floyd, Jun 14, 2005
  8. Web Sniffer

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Web Sniffer writes
    >In article <W3z2axBaHgrCFwKC@127.0.0.1>, says...
    >> In message of Mon, 13 Jun 2005, {{{{Welcome}}}} writes

    >> >If you want 18866 to display your sipgate number when dialling out, add that
    >> >number to 18866 and then use that number as log in details for 18866.
    >> >

    >> You can't do that any more :-(
    >>
    >> David
    >>

    >Which bit can't you do?

    Use other numbers other than your initial registered number!

    I used to use my sipgate number like that with 18866, then a few weeks
    ago it stopped working. 18866 works OK with my original number.

    So I registered another account with 18866 with my Sipgate number only.
    And for some unknown reason I cannot connect my ATA to the new account,
    although I can still connect to the old account.

    David

    David Floyd, Jun 14, 2005
  9. Thus spaketh The Cable Guy:

    > I can use 18866 from my landline but not with VOIP
    >
    > 1899, I can use with numbers I registered with originally, however,
    > no new number will work.

    With 1899 I am having the opposite trouble, original registered numbers don't
    work, yet newly added numbers do.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 14, 2005
  10. "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh The Cable Guy:
    >>>

    >> I can use 18866 from my landline but not with VOIP
    >>
    >> 1899, I can use with numbers I registered with originally, however,
    >> no new number will work.

    > With 1899 I am having the opposite trouble, original registered numbers
    > don't work, yet newly added numbers do.

    I can't even get a sensible reply from either company. All they send is a
    brief sentence, usually without answering my query, followed by "we hope
    this has answered your query" (or similar)

    The Cable Guy, Jun 14, 2005
  11. Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    > In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
    >> Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    >>> In message of Mon, 13 Jun 2005, {{{{Welcome}}}} writes

    >>> You can't do that any more :-(
    >>>
    >>> David

    >> If you mean you can't add a sipgate number to 18866 and then use:
    >>
    >> Server: iax.call18866.co.uk
    >> Username: 18866[+full sipgate number]
    >> Password: 18866 account number
    >>
    >> Then I have just added another sipgate number to 18866 and am able
    >> to call from 18866 with the sipgate number displayed.
    >>

    > I don't think you can do that using SIP with an ATA.
    >
    > DF

    http://www.18866.com/voip.php

    User Name: 18866 + your phone number (i.e. 1886602012345678)

    Password: your 18866 customer number

    SIP Proxy/registrar: sip.call18866.co.uk

    Domain/Realm (optional): call18866.co.uk

    SIP Outbound Proxy (optional):sip.call18866.co.uk

    STUN server (optional):stun.call18866.co.uk

    For Free £10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or £5 when referred to
    easyMobile contact me via above site.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 14, 2005
  12. Web Sniffer

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
    >Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    >> In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
    >>> Thus spaketh David Floyd:

    >>> If you mean you can't add a sipgate number to 18866 and then use:
    >>>
    >>> Server: iax.call18866.co.uk
    >>> Username: 18866[+full sipgate number]
    >>> Password: 18866 account number
    >>>
    >>> Then I have just added another sipgate number to 18866 and am able
    >>> to call from 18866 with the sipgate number displayed.
    >>>

    >> I don't think you can do that using SIP with an ATA.
    >>
    >> DF

    >http://www.18866.com/voip.php
    >
    >User Name: 18866 + your phone number (i.e. 1886602012345678)
    >
    >Password: your 18866 customer number
    >
    >SIP Proxy/registrar: sip.call18866.co.uk
    >
    >Domain/Realm (optional): call18866.co.uk
    >
    >SIP Outbound Proxy (optional):sip.call18866.co.uk
    >
    >STUN server (optional):stun.call18866.co.uk

    As I said, you can't do that by using numbers other than the original
    registered number.

    And, as I said before, because it stopped working with additional
    numbers I registered a new account with 18866 using my sipgate number as
    the registered number - I cannot connect my ATA to this account, but I
    can still connect my original account to my ATA with my original
    registered BT number (but not other numbers on that account)

    David

    David Floyd, Jun 14, 2005
  13. Web Sniffer

    Joseph M Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote in message
    > Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    >> In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} writes
    >>> Thus spaketh David Floyd:

    >>> If you mean you can't add a sipgate number to 18866 and then use:
    >>>
    >>> Server: iax.call18866.co.uk
    >>> Username: 18866[+full sipgate number]
    >>> Password: 18866 account number
    >>>
    >>> Then I have just added another sipgate number to 18866 and am able
    >>> to call from 18866 with the sipgate number displayed.
    >>>

    >> I don't think you can do that using SIP with an ATA.
    >>
    >> DF

    > http://www.18866.com/voip.php
    >
    > User Name: 18866 + your phone number (i.e. 1886602012345678)
    >
    > Password: your 18866 customer number
    >
    > SIP Proxy/registrar: sip.call18866.co.uk
    >
    > Domain/Realm (optional): call18866.co.uk
    >
    > SIP Outbound Proxy (optional):sip.call18866.co.uk
    >
    > STUN server (optional):stun.call18866.co.uk
    >

    > --
    > For South East Brum: http://www.south-east-birmingham.tk
    > For Free £10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or £5 when referred
    > to easyMobile contact me via above site.

    Any chance you could outline how to set up X-Lite with both 18866(outgoing
    calls) and Sipgate(incoming calls)? This is how I would like to use X-Lite,
    but thus far I have not managed to se it up. As for the issue above about
    outgoing caller id, is it best to just create a new account with 18866 using
    the sipgate number, that way it should all work, including the correct
    sipgate caller ID being displayed when calling out using 18866..

    Thanks Joe

    Joseph M, Jun 14, 2005
  14. Thus spaketh Joseph M:

    > Any chance you could outline how to set up X-Lite with both
    > 18866(outgoing calls) and Sipgate(incoming calls)? This is how I
    > would like to use X-Lite, but thus far I have not managed to se it
    > up. As for the issue above about outgoing caller id, is it best to
    > just create a new account with 18866 using the sipgate number, that
    > way it should all work, including the correct sipgate caller ID being
    > displayed when calling out using 18866..
    > Thanks Joe

    http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip lists details on how to set up x-lite with
    Sipgate and 1899, just substitute the 1899 iax set-up with 18866 iax settings
    from my previous post. It does detail on setting up x-lite and firefly
    together or separately.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 14, 2005
  15. Web Sniffer

    Web Sniffer Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Thus spaketh Joseph M:
    >
    > > Any chance you could outline how to set up X-Lite with both
    > > 18866(outgoing calls) and Sipgate(incoming calls)? This is how I
    > > would like to use X-Lite, but thus far I have not managed to se it
    > > up. As for the issue above about outgoing caller id, is it best to
    > > just create a new account with 18866 using the sipgate number, that
    > > way it should all work, including the correct sipgate caller ID being
    > > displayed when calling out using 18866..
    > > Thanks Joe

    > http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip lists details on how to set up x-lite with
    > Sipgate and 1899, just substitute the 1899 iax set-up with 18866 iax settings
    > from my previous post. It does detail on setting up x-lite and firefly
    > together or separately.

    Maybe it's me, but I really can't see exactly what goes where.

    I'm not sure which servers/proxies (in X-lite) to set up with your iax
    settings.

    Also, will it work with the default sip proxy as sipgate; and proxy 1
    with the 18866 settings.

    Web Sniffer, Jun 14, 2005
  16. Thus spaketh Web Sniffer:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Thus spaketh Joseph M:
    >>
    >>> Any chance you could outline how to set up X-Lite with both
    >>> 18866(outgoing calls) and Sipgate(incoming calls)? This is how I
    >>> would like to use X-Lite, but thus far I have not managed to se it
    >>> up. As for the issue above about outgoing caller id, is it best to
    >>> just create a new account with 18866 using the sipgate number, that
    >>> way it should all work, including the correct sipgate caller ID
    >>> being displayed when calling out using 18866..
    >>> Thanks Joe

    >> http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip lists details on how to set up x-lite
    >> with Sipgate and 1899, just substitute the 1899 iax set-up with
    >> 18866 iax settings from my previous post. It does detail on setting
    >> up x-lite and firefly together or separately.
    >>

    > Maybe it's me, but I really can't see exactly what goes where.
    >
    > I'm not sure which servers/proxies (in X-lite) to set up with your iax
    > settings.
    >
    > Also, will it work with the default sip proxy as sipgate; and proxy 1
    > with the 18866 settings.

    You can put either in default proxy or proxy 1.

    With default proxy that is the one used to dial out on unless you specify
    otherwise, either by right clicking and selecting the dial out account or #
    and the proxy number in front of the dialled number, ie #10207043nnnn.

    If you want sipgate on default proxy enter:

    Enter the details like in http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/VoIP04.jpg (except you
    will be entering these details in 'default proxy')

    Then in proxy 1 enter the 18866 details as in
    http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/VoIP05.jpg but instead of 1899 you need 18866
    details:

    User name: 18866[+full sipgate number]
    Password: 18866 account number
    Domain/Realm: iax.call18866.co.uk
    Sip Proxy: iax.call18866.co.uk
    OutBound Proxy: iax.call18866.co.uk

    You may need to set up the stun server for Sipgate, this you enter under
    'Network': http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/VoIP02.jpg

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 14, 2005
  17. Web Sniffer

    Oldie Guest

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:32:46 +0100, David Floyd <>
    wrote:

    (Snipped)

    >I used to use my sipgate number like that with 18866, then a few weeks
    >ago it stopped working. 18866 works OK with my original number.
    >
    >So I registered another account with 18866 with my Sipgate number only.
    >And for some unknown reason I cannot connect my ATA to the new account,
    >although I can still connect to the old account.
    >
    >David

    My 18886 account seems to have stopped completely, even with the
    original number. It worked fine under SIP, but I never managed to get
    it going at all with IAX. I've tried X-Lite, Firefly and the snom
    softphone. I even tried modifying the 1899 softphone for the 18866
    settings, but it wouldn't accept them. Has anybody got any brilliant
    ideas, or some configuration settings that work for them?

    Oldie

    Oldie, Jun 15, 2005
  18. Web Sniffer

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Oldie writes
    >On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:32:46 +0100, David Floyd <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >(Snipped)
    >
    >>I used to use my sipgate number like that with 18866, then a few weeks
    >>ago it stopped working. 18866 works OK with my original number.
    >>
    >>So I registered another account with 18866 with my Sipgate number only.
    >>And for some unknown reason I cannot connect my ATA to the new account,
    >>although I can still connect to the old account.
    >>
    >>David

    >My 18886 account seems to have stopped completely, even with the
    >original number. It worked fine under SIP, but I never managed to get
    >it going at all with IAX. I've tried X-Lite, Firefly and the snom
    >softphone. I even tried modifying the 1899 softphone for the 18866
    >settings, but it wouldn't accept them. Has anybody got any brilliant
    >ideas, or some configuration settings that work for them?

    Yep. Since writing my first post above 18866 via SIP has indeed
    stopped on my original number too.

    I don't know about 1899 VoIP now since they now charge 1ppm whereas
    18866 is 2p connection only via POTS

    David

    David Floyd, Jun 15, 2005
  19. Thus spaketh Web Sniffer:
    > I'm a complete newbie at this, so please bear with me.
    >
    > I have a Sipgate number with the X-lite softphone which worked fine.
    >
    > I thought it might be sensible to use 18866's VOIP system.
    >
    > But when I use the 18866 settings, I can dial out via 18866 at their
    > prices but -- understandably -- the Sipgate number for people to ring
    > me won't work as there is no username, password etc for it.
    >
    > In fact I can't see how to get any dial-to-me number working with
    > 18866.
    >
    > Can someone help, please?

    18866 VoIP no longer working for me now. :-(

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 16, 2005