18866 VoIP 15p/min to UK Mobiles

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed that calls
    to mobiles are 15p/min!

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 14, 2005

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Joe Guest

    "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed that
    > calls to mobiles are 15p/min!

    And....... ??? Are you suggesting thats cheap or expensive?

    Joe, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Joe <> wrote:
    > "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote:
    >> On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed
    >> that calls to mobiles are 15p/min!

    > And....... ??? Are you suggesting thats cheap or expensive?

    Expensive, even compared to BT.

    18866 is now only cheaper than BT Option 1 for: Vodafone and 3 in the
    daytime, 3 in the evening, and T-Mobile and Orange on weekends.

    --
    Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and
    water.

    Peter Corlett, Jun 14, 2005
  4. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Joe writes

    >"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <> wrote in message
    >> On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed that
    >> calls to mobiles are 15p/min!

    >And....... ??? Are you suggesting thats cheap or expensive?

    If you'd been following various threads in u.k.v you would realize that
    this is a price hike and is more expensive that using 18866 via POTS.
    You would expect VoIP to be cheaper than PSTN calls.

    DF

    David Floyd, Jun 14, 2005