18866 & 1899 "Your call18866 account may possibly be blocked at the moment..

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Sparks, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    ....or in the near future, although you have paid all outstanding invoices
    related to this account...

    I have checked both my 18866 and 1899 accounts, and both are up to date
    (Checked CC statement, and payments have cleared)

    I have contacted 18866 via the fault report page three times explaining
    this, but keep getting the following reply

    "Dear Sir or Madam,
    Thank you for your email.
    We are sorry to inform you that your account has been blocked, although you
    have paid all outstanding invoices related to this account. This is most
    likely caused by having another customer number with an outstanding amount.
    This outstanding balance could also be with another company as several
    telecom companies make use of the same payment collection system.
    Please ensure you pay the outstanding invoices for all your customer numbers
    to prevent your account(s) from being blocked (instructions how to pay can
    be found on each company's website by logging in with the respective
    customer number).
    We hope this has answered your question."

    What the hell do I need to do to get this sorted, I seem to be going in
    circles!

    (The only thing that I think it could be is, I tried to add ?1 to my
    VoIPBuster account, and for some reason this failed - It won't let me add
    just ?1 to the account now, it wants ?10 or more - I tried creating a new
    VoIPBuster account, but when I try to add the ?1 to this, it emails me back,
    telling me I already have another account (and does not take payment from
    the card!)

    Anyone else had this problem!? And if so, what did you do!

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Sparks

    Guest

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:04:51 +0100, "Sparks" <> wrote:

    >...or in the near future, although you have paid all outstanding invoices
    >related to this account...
    >
    >I have checked both my 18866 and 1899 accounts, and both are up to date
    >(Checked CC statement, and payments have cleared)
    >
    >I have contacted 18866 via the fault report page three times explaining
    >this, but keep getting the following reply
    >
    >"Dear Sir or Madam,
    >Thank you for your email.
    >We are sorry to inform you that your account has been blocked, although you
    >have paid all outstanding invoices related to this account. This is most
    >likely caused by having another customer number with an outstanding amount.
    >This outstanding balance could also be with another company as several
    >telecom companies make use of the same payment collection system.
    >Please ensure you pay the outstanding invoices for all your customer numbers
    >to prevent your account(s) from being blocked (instructions how to pay can
    >be found on each company's website by logging in with the respective
    >customer number).
    >We hope this has answered your question."
    >
    >What the hell do I need to do to get this sorted, I seem to be going in
    >circles!
    >
    >(The only thing that I think it could be is, I tried to add ?1 to my
    >VoIPBuster account, and for some reason this failed - It won't let me add
    >just ?1 to the account now, it wants ?10 or more - I tried creating a new
    >VoIPBuster account, but when I try to add the ?1 to this, it emails me back,
    >telling me I already have another account (and does not take payment from
    >the card!)
    >
    >Anyone else had this problem!? And if so, what did you do!

    What did you do you ask ? the answer nothing there is nothing you or
    anyone can do I went through everything you have been through after
    waiting maybe a couple of months out of the blue I got an email from
    18866 apologizing and saying my account had been restored and it has .
    My 1899 account on the other hand is still in the same situation.
    First class wankers this company is can't find any other words to
    describe it .

    , Jun 29, 2005

  3. Sparks

    Don Carter Guest

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:04:51 +0100, "Sparks" <> wrote:

    >...or in the near future, although you have paid all outstanding invoices
    >related to this account...
    >
    >I have checked both my 18866 and 1899 accounts, and both are up to date
    >(Checked CC statement, and payments have cleared)
    >
    >I have contacted 18866 via the fault report page three times explaining
    >this, but keep getting the following reply
    >
    >"Dear Sir or Madam,
    >Thank you for your email.
    >We are sorry to inform you that your account has been blocked, although you
    >have paid all outstanding invoices related to this account. This is most
    >likely caused by having another customer number with an outstanding amount.
    >This outstanding balance could also be with another company as several
    >telecom companies make use of the same payment collection system.
    >Please ensure you pay the outstanding invoices for all your customer numbers
    >to prevent your account(s) from being blocked (instructions how to pay can
    >be found on each company's website by logging in with the respective
    >customer number).
    >We hope this has answered your question."
    >
    >What the hell do I need to do to get this sorted, I seem to be going in
    >circles!
    >
    >(The only thing that I think it could be is, I tried to add ?1 to my
    >VoIPBuster account, and for some reason this failed - It won't let me add
    >just ?1 to the account now, it wants ?10 or more - I tried creating a new
    >VoIPBuster account, but when I try to add the ?1 to this, it emails me back,
    >telling me I already have another account (and does not take payment from
    >the card!)
    >
    >Anyone else had this problem!? And if so, what did you do!
    >
    >Sparks...

    I could be wrong on this, it's not unknown for me to be wrong, just
    ask my wife, but surely it's illegal under the consumer credit acts to
    block an account because another account is outstanding, regardless of
    what payment processing arrangements the two accounts may have in
    common.

    Don Carter, Jun 30, 2005
  4. Sparks

    Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:40:20 +0100, Don Carter <>
    wrote:

    >I could be wrong on this, it's not unknown for me to be wrong, just
    >ask my wife, but surely it's illegal under the consumer credit acts to
    >block an account because another account is outstanding, regardless of
    >what payment processing arrangements the two accounts may have in
    >common.

    What you are saying probably only applies to this country the 18866
    mob are based in Europe somewhere I believe .

    , Jun 30, 2005