    in my area whats going on and is there a solution to this?

    Heidy.

    , Aug 8, 2007

  2. Graham. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > x-no:archive:yes

    Shouldn't that be x-no-archive:yes?
    Not that there's much point when your post just gets quoted like this.

    > Hi I was using Vonage successful with 18185.co.uk overide it worked
    > fine
    > Now it no longer works and 18185.co.uk say my number will no longer
    > work with their service but when pressed they never explain why.
    > I can no longer call NHS direct on 0845 4647 it says its not available
    > in my area whats going on and is there a solution to this?

    Do you mean you could prefix a number with 18185 and the call didn't
    get charged by Vonage? I wonder why they let people do that?

    I have wondered if oddly parsed numbers like 0845 4647
    and 0800 1111 often cause problems with some carriers or
    local dialplans, have you tried dialing it with a couple of random
    extra digits at the end to try and fool the system?

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observatioin%

    Graham., Aug 8, 2007

  3. Steve Barlow Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > x-no:archive:yes
    >
    > Hi I was using Vonage successful with 18185.co.uk overide it worked
    > fine
    > Now it no longer works and 18185.co.uk say my number will no longer
    > work with their service but when pressed they never explain why.
    > I can no longer call NHS direct on 0845 4647 it says its not available
    > in my area whats going on and is there a solution to this?
    >

    > Heidy.

    Surely then, Vonage are the best people to ask...........?

    Steve Barlow, Aug 8, 2007
  4. Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 01:06:36 +0100, "Steve Barlow"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> x-no:archive:yes
    >>
    >> Hi I was using Vonage successful with 18185.co.uk overide it worked
    >> fine
    >> Now it no longer works and 18185.co.uk say my number will no longer
    >> work with their service but when pressed they never explain why.
    >> I can no longer call NHS direct on 0845 4647 it says its not available
    >> in my area whats going on and is there a solution to this?

    One solution is to get a geo DID of your own and point it to the 18185
    number and then they won't know that you are accessing 18185.
    Another solution is ditch Vonage. There are lots of other good
    operators out there. Take a look at voip.co.uk for example.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.
    ---

    Brian A, Aug 8, 2007
  5. Landru Guest

    On Aug 8, 12:04 am, "" <>
    wrote:
    > x-no:archive:yes

    Why?

    > Hi I was using Vonage successful with 18185.co.uk overide it worked
    > fine Now it no longer works and 18185.co.uk say my number will no longer
    > work with their service but when pressed they never explain why.

    I have had the same problem trying to input a Sipgate number in the
    past. 18185 would not accept it.

    Landru, Aug 8, 2007
  6. Landru Guest

    On Aug 8, 12:29 am, "Graham." <> wrote:

    > Do you mean you could prefix a number with 18185 and the call didn't
    > get charged by Vonage? I wonder why they let people do that?

    You used to be able to use the 020 or 0808 overide numbers over
    Vonage.

    Landru, Aug 8, 2007
  7. Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:39:12 -0700, Landru <>
    wrote:

    >On Aug 8, 12:04 am, "" <>
    >wrote:
    >> x-no:archive:yes

    >Why?
    >
    >> Hi I was using Vonage successful with 18185.co.uk overide it worked
    >> fine Now it no longer works and 18185.co.uk say my number will no longer
    >> work with their service but when pressed they never explain why.

    >I have had the same problem trying to input a Sipgate number in the
    >past. 18185 would not accept it.

    Yes, just seen your post after I had made a similar post.... looks
    like they don't want voip customers any longer. However, we might find
    a way round it.
    ---

    Brian A, Aug 8, 2007
  8. Guest

    On Aug 8, 12:29 am, "Graham." <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > x-no:archive:yes

    > Shouldn't that be x-no-archive:yes?
    > Not that there's much point when your post just gets quoted like this.
    >

    > > Hi I was using Vonage successful with 18185.co.uk overide it worked
    > > fine
    > > Now it no longer works and 18185.co.uk say my number will no longer
    > > work with their service but when pressed they never explain why.
    > > I can no longer call NHS direct on 0845 4647 it says its not available
    > > in my area whats going on and is there a solution to this?

    > Do you mean you could prefix a number with 18185 and the call didn't
    > get charged by Vonage? I wonder why they let people do that?

    No 18185 have a freephone number to over ride Vonage
    they no longer allow this.

    Heidy

    > I have wondered if oddly parsed numbers like 0845 4647
    > and 0800 1111 often cause problems with some carriers or
    > local dialplans, have you tried dialing it with a couple of random
    > extra digits at the end to try and fool the system?
    >
    > --
    > Graham.
    > %Profound_observatioin%

    , Aug 8, 2007
  9. Guest

    On Aug 8, 12:29 am, "Graham." <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > > x-no:archive:yes

    > Shouldn't that be x-no-archive:yes?
    > Not that there's much point when your post just gets quoted like this.
    >

    > > Hi I was using Vonage successful with 18185.co.uk overide it worked
    > > fine
    > > Now it no longer works and 18185.co.uk say my number will no longer
    > > work with their service but when pressed they never explain why.
    > > I can no longer call NHS direct on 0845 4647 it says its not available
    > > in my area whats going on and is there a solution to this?

    > Do you mean you could prefix a number with 18185 and the call didn't
    > get charged by Vonage? I wonder why they let people do that?
    >
    > I have wondered if oddly parsed numbers like 0845 4647
    > and 0800 1111 often cause problems with some carriers or
    > local dialplans, have you tried dialing it with a couple of random
    > extra digits at the end to try and fool the system?

    No I must try that lol
    Thanks

    Heidy
    > --
    > Graham.
    > %Profound_observatioin%

    , Aug 8, 2007
  10. Guest

    On Aug 8, 10:42 am, Brian A <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 01:06:36 +0100, "Steve Barlow"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > ><> wrote in message
    > >> x-no:archive:yes

    > >> Hi I was using Vonage successful with 18185.co.uk overide it worked
    > >> fine
    > >> Now it no longer works and 18185.co.uk say my number will no longer
    > >> work with their service but when pressed they never explain why.
    > >> I can no longer call NHS direct on 0845 4647 it says its not available
    > >> in my area whats going on and is there a solution to this?

    > One solution is to get a geo DID of your own and point it to the 18185
    > number and then they won't know that you are accessing 18185.
    > Another solution is ditch Vonage. There are lots of other good
    > operators out there. Take a look at voip.co.uk for example.

    Whats a Geo DID? thanks

    Heidy

    Ditching Vonage I am considering it but there call plan to Us mobile
    are free which is good Call Features in Vonage Uk are appauling
    compared to Usa
    see voicepulse.com
    award winning
    Heidy
    > ---
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    >
    > Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
    > Get your friends to sign too!
    > Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
    > TV.http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/
    > ---

    , Aug 8, 2007
  11. Graham. Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Aug 8, 10:42 am, Brian A <> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 01:06:36 +0100, "Steve Barlow"
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> ><> wrote in message

    >> One solution is to get a geo DID of your own and point it to the 18185
    >> number and then they won't know that you are accessing 18185.
    >> Another solution is ditch Vonage. There are lots of other good
    >> operators out there. Take a look at voip.co.uk for example.
    >>

    > Whats a Geo DID? thanks
    >
    > Heidy
    >
    > Ditching Vonage I am considering it but there call plan to Us mobile
    > are free which is good Call Features in Vonage Uk are appauling
    > compared to Usa
    > see voicepulse.com
    > award winning
    > Heidy

    Heidy, any provider that gives you free or inclusive calls to US
    landlines will also give you likewise for US mobiles. There
    is no distinction in the numbering.

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Aug 9, 2007
  12. Brian A Guest

    On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 00:32:12 +0100, "Graham." <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Aug 8, 10:42 am, Brian A <> wrote:

    >>> One solution is to get a geo DID of your own and point it to the 18185
    >>> number and then they won't know that you are accessing 18185.
    >>> Another solution is ditch Vonage. There are lots of other good
    >>> operators out there. Take a look at voip.co.uk for example.
    >>>

    >> Whats a Geo DID? thanks
    >>
    >> Heidy
    >>
    >> Ditching Vonage I am considering it but there call plan to Us mobile
    >> are free which is good Call Features in Vonage Uk are appauling
    >> compared to Usa
    >> see voicepulse.com
    >> award winning
    >> Heidy

    >Heidy, any provider that gives you free or inclusive calls to US
    >landlines will also give you likewise for US mobiles. There
    >is no distinction in the numbering.

    Vyke.co.uk, for example, do all of Europe and the US for a flat fee of
    2p per call.

    ---

    Brian A, Aug 9, 2007
  13. acdeag Guest

    > Hi I was using Vonage successful with 18185.co.uk overide it worked
    > fine
    > Now it no longer works and 18185.co.uk say my number will no longer
    > work with their service but when pressed they never explain why.
    > I can no longer call NHS direct on 0845 4647 it says its not available
    > in my area whats going on and is there a solution to this?

    It appears that 18185 no longer allow voip numbers. A solution would be sign
    upto www.voip.co.uk then prove that a normal number belongs to you (such as
    a phone bill), could be a mobile number, you will then be allowed to change
    your presentation number to one of these and 18185 will be no wiser.
    www.voip.co.uk is in my view a better deal than vonage.

    acdeag, Aug 9, 2007
  14. Landru Guest

    On Aug 9, 10:43 am, "acdeag" <> wrote:

    > It appears that 18185 no longer allow voip numbers. A solution would be sign
    > uptowww.voip.co.ukthen prove that a normal number belongs to you (such as
    > a phone bill), could be a mobile number, you will then be allowed to change
    > your presentation number to one of these and 18185 will be no wiser.www.voip.co.ukis in my view a better deal than vonage.

    But why don't they wan't VOIP numbers? I can't under stand it.

    Landru, Aug 9, 2007
  15. Tim Guest

    Landru wrote:
    > But why don't they wan't VOIP numbers? I can't under stand it.

    Lots of fraud I guess.

    Tim

    Tim, Aug 9, 2007