180 seconds of 640x480 video hack ported to Canon Powershot SD100

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jukka Laurila, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. Jukka Laurila, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Jukka Laurila

    tomcas Guest

    Jukka Laurila wrote:
    > Yet another successful port! The list of supported cameras is now A70,
    > A75, S230, Pro1 and SD100.
    >
    > You can get the hack from the usual place:
    > http://nostromo.dynalias.org/canonhacking/

    Jukka
    You are the man. For those people who have not tried it yet, Jukka
    somehow hacked the Canon 30 second limit when shooting high resolution
    video. The hacked firmware extends the length to 3 minutes. I applied it
    to my A70 and it works fine.

    tomcas, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Jukka Laurila

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: tomcas

    >Jukka
    >You are the man. For those people who have not tried it yet, Jukka
    >somehow hacked the Canon 30 second limit when shooting high resolution
    >video. The hacked firmware extends the length to 3 minutes. I applied it
    >to my A70 and it works fine.

    Call me when he hacks the 20D so it allows 3 minutes of video.

    Annika1980, Feb 5, 2005
  4. Jukka Laurila

    tomcas Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    >>From: tomcas

    >>Jukka
    >>You are the man. For those people who have not tried it yet, Jukka
    >>somehow hacked the Canon 30 second limit when shooting high resolution
    >>video. The hacked firmware extends the length to 3 minutes. I applied it
    >>to my A70 and it works fine.

    > Call me when he hacks the 20D so it allows 3 minutes of video.

    I said he was the man, not a magician. Call me when you get a camera
    that shoots any length video at all.

    tomcas, Feb 6, 2005
  5. tomcas <> wrote let it be known in

    > I said he was the man, not a magician. Call me when you get
    > a camera that shoots any length video at all.

    Ring Ring....

    Canon SD300... 640x480 30fps until the memory card is full. (4.5
    minutes on my 512MB card)

    Curt Bousquet, Feb 6, 2005
  6. Jukka Laurila

    tomcas Guest

    Curt Bousquet wrote:
    > tomcas <> wrote let it be known in
    >

    >>I said he was the man, not a magician. Call me when you get
    >>a camera that shoots any length video at all.

    > Ring Ring....
    >
    > Canon SD300... 640x480 30fps until the memory card is full. (4.5
    > minutes on my 512MB card)

    He's got an 20D, how much video does that shoot?

    tomcas, Feb 7, 2005
  7. Jukka Laurila

    Walter Banks Guest

    Re: 180 seconds of 640x480 video hack ported to Canon Powershot SD100.Kodak DX7590

    Kodak DX7590

    Walter Banks, Feb 7, 2005
  8. Jukka Laurila

    tomcas Guest

    Walter Banks wrote:
    > Kodak DX7590
    >
    > tomcas wrote:
    >

    >>I said he was the man, not a magician. Call me when you get a camera
    >>that shoots any length video at all.

    My response was rhetorical in nature, directly solely at Annika1980, in
    regards to extending the video duration on his Canon D20. Since the D20
    does not have any video capability at all, he is going to be waiting a
    very long time for that call.

    tomcas, Feb 7, 2005
  9. Jukka Laurila

    Stewy Guest

    In article <HzdNd.37$>,
    tomcas <> wrote:

    > Annika1980 wrote:
    > >>From: tomcas

    > >>Jukka
    > >>You are the man. For those people who have not tried it yet, Jukka
    > >>somehow hacked the Canon 30 second limit when shooting high resolution
    > >>video. The hacked firmware extends the length to 3 minutes. I applied it
    > >>to my A70 and it works fine.

    > > Call me when he hacks the 20D so it allows 3 minutes of video.
    > >

    > I said he was the man, not a magician. Call me when you get a camera
    > that shoots any length video at all.

    The Fuji S7000 will shoot 13 minutes on a 1gb card at 640x480 pixels -
    does that count?

    Stewy, Feb 14, 2005