    128MB.

    thanks

    , Jul 23, 2008

  2. On ¶ro, 23 lip 2008 o 16:20 GMT, wrote:
    > I have a 1721 with 32MB onboard. It will handle up to 128MB. If I
    > put in a 128MB SDRAM will this work? IE will the extra memory be
    > ignored? There are 96MB SDRAM's available but they are somewhat
    > pricy.

    Well, Cisco specs say that c1721 support max of 96M DRAM so probably you
    have seen ios requirements but for some other hardware.

    --
    Slawomir Kawala

    S³awomir Kawa³a, Jul 24, 2008

  3. On ¶ro, 23 lip 2008 o 16:20 GMT, wrote:
    > I have a 1721 with 32MB onboard. It will handle up to 128MB. If I
    > put in a 128MB SDRAM will this work? IE will the extra memory be
    > ignored? There are 96MB SDRAM's available but they are somewhat
    > pricy.

    Well, Cisco specs say that c1721 support max of 96M DRAM so probably you
    have seen ios requirements for some other hardware.

    --
    Slawomir Kawala

    S³awomir Kawa³a, Jul 24, 2008
  4. make Guest

    >I have a 1721 with 32MB onboard. It will handle up to 128MB. If I
    > put in a 128MB SDRAM will this work? IE will the extra memory be
    > ignored? There are 96MB SDRAM's available but they are somewhat
    > pricy.

    Max DRAM option is 64MB. There is onboard DRAM 32MB or 64MB, which is not
    removable.
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1700/1720/hardware/notes/1700UMem.html

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_bulletin09186a00801c639b.html

    http://www.satech.com/cisco-router-...s-router-memory-cisco-1721-router-memory.html