    traffic due to not translating NAT any more.

    Is this a known issue with this router? Thanks.

    Jon
    Jon, Jun 14, 2004

  2. "Jon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We have just started having a problem with a 1720 stopping outbound
    > traffic due to not translating NAT any more.
    >
    > Is this a known issue with this router? Thanks.

    Nope. Out of memory maybe? Sometimes a spam infected machine behind the
    translator which is spewing connections to all over everwhere chews up all
    available RAM in a router.
    Phillip Remaker, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Jon

    Jon Guest

    Well, this problem has been occuring with less than 20 or so
    translations active, so I would hope that this wouldn't be an out of
    memory thing. But, we stopped some people from using P2P software
    that shouldn't have been on their machines in the first place to cut
    down on un-necessary connections.

    Has anyone else seen this problem before?

    Thanks again,

    Jon

    Jon, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Jon

    Jon Guest

    "Phillip Remaker" <> wrote in message news:<_W9zc.2102$>...
    > "Jon" <> wrote in message
    > > We have just started having a problem with a 1720 stopping outbound
    > > traffic due to not translating NAT any more.
    > >
    > > Is this a known issue with this router? Thanks.

    > Nope. Out of memory maybe? Sometimes a spam infected machine behind the
    > translator which is spewing connections to all over everwhere chews up all
    > available RAM in a router.

    This appears to be happening with very few or very many connections.
    I wouldn't think that a memory problem would be causing it, though.

    Would there be something to look at in regard to what is consuming
    memory?

    Thanks again.
    Jon, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Jon

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > We have just started having a problem with a 1720 stopping outbound
    > traffic due to not translating NAT any more.
    >
    > Is this a known issue with this router? Thanks.

    What's your IOS version? We ran into some IOS bugs that stopped NAT
    translations (on 7200 VXR series)

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jun 15, 2004
  6. Jon

    Jon Guest

    Hansang Bae <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > We have just started having a problem with a 1720 stopping outbound
    > > traffic due to not translating NAT any more.
    > >
    > > Is this a known issue with this router? Thanks.

    > What's your IOS version? We ran into some IOS bugs that stopped NAT
    > translations (on 7200 VXR series)
    >

    > --
    >
    > hsb

    We have 12.2(7c) running atm.
    Jon, Jun 15, 2004
  7. Jon

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    [snip: nat problems]
    > We have 12.2(7c) running atm.

    You may want to do a bug scrub. Our version was 12.1(19)E3. I can't
    remember what Cisco gave us for the fix, but 12.2.7 may not have it.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jun 16, 2004