    to get the 14mm or would I be able to get most of my shots with the 17mm?

    If you have both these focal lengths, I'd love to hear your opinion.

    Thanks in advance...

    stevo, Sep 17, 2006

  2. stevo

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "stevo" <> writes:
    > My question, is 14mm really that much wider than 17mm? Would it be worth it
    > to get the 14mm or would I be able to get most of my shots with the 17mm?

    Yes, maybe, and no. In 35mm terms, 14 vs 17 is like 24 vs 28. The
    difference is really noticable, but it's just one "jump" in focal
    lengths. You might try to go even wider, like to 12mm, if Canon
    offers something like that. I think they have a 10-22mm zoom but it's
    pretty expensive.

    Paul Rubin, Sep 17, 2006

  3. stevo

    Tony Falla Guest

    Look at the Sigma 10-22 Lens it is well built and about half the price of
    the Canon equivalent, it gives you equivalent to roughly 16-32 in 35mm
    terms. I bought one about 3 months ago and find it superb.

    Tony Falla

    Tony Falla, Sep 17, 2006