    geting for a home setup in the way of CRT monitors these days; 17" or 19" ?

    BTW: are CRT' still selling more relative to the flat-panel LCD types now ?

    B.

    Robert11, Apr 2, 2004

  2. Robert11

    Palindrome Guest

    Robert11 wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Know it's a personal thing, but what are most folks
    > geting for a home setup in the way of CRT monitors these days; 17" or 19" ?
    >
    > BTW: are CRT' still selling more relative to the flat-panel LCD types now ?
    >
    > B.

    I prefer using two small ones to one big one but it depends on what you
    are doing..I work in one window and use the other to hold references.
    They needn't be the same size. Much much cheaper than the equivalent
    sized single monitor.

    Have you tried man-handling them?

    I think I read that the change-over point had been reached.

    Palindrome, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Robert11

    Sano Guest

    On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 12:55:54 +0100, Palindrome wrote:

    > Robert11 wrote:
    >
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Know it's a personal thing, but what are most folks
    >> geting for a home setup in the way of CRT monitors these days; 17" or 19" ?
    >>
    >> BTW: are CRT' still selling more relative to the flat-panel LCD types now ?
    >>
    >> B.
    >>

    > I prefer using two small ones to one big one but it depends on what you
    > are doing..I work in one window and use the other to hold references.
    > They needn't be the same size. Much much cheaper than the equivalent
    > sized single monitor.
    >
    > Have you tried man-handling them?
    >
    > I think I read that the change-over point had been reached.

    It's about there for me. <mixing threads> I just bought a Dell, and the
    deal included a 17" lcd for another $100. Pretty hard to beat.

    I've got 2 17" crts, which are both fine, but, again, they're 50-some
    pounds apiece.

    Sano, Apr 2, 2004