    So, what does the PC100 and PC133 mean and how does it affect my choice.

    2. How do you determine your computer's max RAM?

    Woof

    James D. Andrews, Jun 4, 2009

  2. James D. Andrews

    jinxy Guest

    On Jun 4, 6:54 pm, "James D. Andrews" <> wrote:
    > 1. I'm looking at 168-pin RAM for an old Pent3.
    >
    > So, what does the PC100 and PC133 mean and how does it affect my choice.
    >
    > 2. How do you determine your computer's max RAM?
    >
    > Woof

    This it should explain the memory speeds.
    http://www.dewassoc.com/performance/memory/how_to_id_pc133.htm
    As for the max memory question, see if you can find the mobo model #
    printed on the mobo. Now Google that info. It should tell you the
    board max and max per memory slot. Happy hunting.
    -J

    jinxy, Jun 5, 2009

  3. James D. Andrews

    Paul Guest

    James D. Andrews wrote:
    > 1. I'm looking at 168-pin RAM for an old Pent3.
    >
    > So, what does the PC100 and PC133 mean and how does it affect my choice.
    >
    > 2. How do you determine your computer's max RAM?
    >
    > Woof

    Use the crucial.com or kingston.com search engines, and
    they'll tell you what to use.

    Paul

    Paul, Jun 5, 2009
  4. "jinxy" <> wrote in message
    On Jun 4, 6:54 pm, "James D. Andrews" <> wrote:
    > 1. I'm looking at 168-pin RAM for an old Pent3.
    >
    > So, what does the PC100 and PC133 mean and how does it affect my choice.
    >
    > 2. How do you determine your computer's max RAM?
    >
    > Woof

    This it should explain the memory speeds.
    http://www.dewassoc.com/performance/memory/how_to_id_pc133.htm
    As for the max memory question, see if you can find the mobo model #
    printed on the mobo. Now Google that info. It should tell you the
    board max and max per memory slot. Happy hunting.
    -J

    Wow! What a great link. Thanks.

    Woof

    James D. Andrews, Jun 5, 2009
  5. "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > James D. Andrews wrote:
    >> 1. I'm looking at 168-pin RAM for an old Pent3.
    >>
    >> So, what does the PC100 and PC133 mean and how does it affect my choice.
    >>
    >> 2. How do you determine your computer's max RAM?
    >>
    >> Woof
    >>

    > Use the crucial.com or kingston.com search engines, and
    > they'll tell you what to use.
    >
    > Paul

    Also great links. Thanks.

    James D. Andrews, Jun 5, 2009