    delete both partitions?
    My cmos shows 160GB, but I set the hard drive from Auto to LBA just to
    make sure. Anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks

    lbbss, Mar 8, 2005

  2. lbbss

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "lbbss" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I was told to that getting sp4 for win2k will fix the problem.

    This is
    > what I did. I made a slipstream cd with win2k sp4. Deleted my

    second
    > Partition that was 81gb and repartition and formatted with this sp4

    bootable
    > CD. But for some reason, I still just have 81GB capacity. Do I need

    > delete both partitions?
    > My cmos shows 160GB, but I set the hard drive from Auto to LBA

    just to
    > make sure. Anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks

    I think that this site will explain it to your satisfaction:

    http://tinyurl.com/7xfqr

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Mar 8, 2005

  3. lbbss

    Richard Guest

    On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 08:12:45 -0500 lbbss wrote:

    > I was told to that getting sp4 for win2k will fix the problem. This
    > is what I did. I made a slipstream cd with win2k sp4. Deleted my second
    > Partition that was 81gb and repartition and formatted with this sp4
    > bootable CD. But for some reason, I still just have 81GB capacity. Do I
    > need to delete both partitions?
    > My cmos shows 160GB, but I set the hard drive from Auto to LBA just to
    > make sure. Anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks

    The problem is windows.
    Totally start off from scratch.
    Remove all partitions.
    Now install windows.
    Then partition the drives.

    Richard, Mar 8, 2005
  4. lbbss

    us10610 Guest

    Check the Disk Administrator, It will show the physical disk attribute
    rather than the partition information. If the bios is seeing 160GB then
    W2K should see it as well.

    I'm guessing Disk Admin will show 1 physical drive at 160GB with 1 or
    more partions.

    When you go through the setup you should be able delete all current
    partions (it should show you the size of the drive too) and use the
    entire drive as 1 big partition.

    Good luck....

    us10610, Mar 8, 2005
  5. lbbss

    baaa Guest

    Yes, I realize that there are different ways of counting MB (binary system)
    but a 160GB hard drive should read 147gb total, but mine reads 131gb total
    when formating for windows.

    baaa, Mar 8, 2005
  6. lbbss

    Kan Taira Guest

    Re: My boyfriend is almost perfect but i'm still sad

    Kan Taira, Mar 8, 2005
  7. lbbss

    baaa Guest

    I have pretty much done that by deleting one of my partitions and starting
    from scratch. I technically should go from 81GB to something like 89GB.
    But it did not make a difference.

    baaa, Mar 8, 2005
  8. lbbss

    baaa Guest

    How can you delete partitions in windows, when you are using windows?
    You can't delete an operating system while deleting it, as far as I know.

    baaa, Mar 8, 2005
  9. lbbss

    Ben Myers Guest

    See if this is helpful.