    any cheap way that I can do that.

    Thanks in advance
    David

    Abu, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Abu

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    The thing I'd be careful about is any school that guarantees certification
    and/or employment. The school doesn't give certifications. They might give
    certificates of completion or diplomas, but they dont give the certs. You
    have to take tests from CompTIA, Microsoft, etc for those. I could go to the
    school, purposely fail the exam, get my money back from the school, becuase
    they guaranteed certification, and then, months later, when all is said and
    done, go pass the tests. Basically get a free education. There's some kind
    of catch. The same goes, not only for certification, but for employment.
    Especially in today's economy. Unless they hire you. Then I can understand
    the guarantee. But otherwise, be wary of it.

    KB

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 23, 2003

  3. The Certification doesn't cost 16000$.
    Most of the money is for the training... One Test costs ~140?-150?, i dont
    know the price in dollar but it's similar i guess.
    The Traning is not needed (but better) to get certifiied. You could learn
    for the Certifications by yourself.

    Daniel Neubacher

    Daniel Neubacher, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Abu

    Firebird81 Guest

    look at local community colleges. They usually offer A+ and cisco courses
    for $12 a semester, with cisco taking 4 semesters and a+ taking 2. They have
    labs where you get plenty of hands on experience to back up your
    certification. Many so-called schools just prepare you for a test and don't
    actually teach you the principles the certification represents. Job
    placement assistance is great, but I doubt any school can offer 100% job
    placement.

    Firebird81, Jul 24, 2003