    c:\windows \system32\autoexec.NT.The system file is not suitable for running
    ms-dos and microsoft windows applications .

    has anyone had this problem on windows xp pro with sp2 ?..thanks
    Drvnguy, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Drvnguy

    philo Guest

    "Drvnguy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > For some reason recently I have had this error message every time i tried
    > to install a program ,for instance ASUS pc probe .error message i get is
    >
    > c:\windows \system32\autoexec.NT.The system file is not suitable for
    > running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications .
    >
    > has anyone had this problem on windows xp pro with sp2 ?..thanks

    this was recently covered here...

    check your system32 folder ...you probably do not have autoexec.nt there

    if not...copy it over from your \repair folder
    philo, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Drvnguy

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:31:12 -0400, "Drvnguy" <>
    wrote:

    >For some reason recently I have had this error message every time i tried to
    >install a program ,for instance ASUS pc probe .error message i get is
    >
    >c:\windows \system32\autoexec.NT.The system file is not suitable for running
    >ms-dos and microsoft windows applications .
    >
    >has anyone had this problem on windows xp pro with sp2 ?..thanks

    Here's the MS article "philo" is refering to...
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
    Unk, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Drvnguy

    Drvnguy Guest

    Thanks alot it works great !!

    Drvnguy, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Drvnguy

    philo Guest

    "Drvnguy" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks alot it works great !!

    i believe it was "relec" who made the post
    so he's the one who deserves the thanks...
    but i'm glad you got it working!
    philo, Oct 20, 2004