    software... does anyone know of an emulator, that will work on WinXP 64 ..
    and run DOS apps?

    thanks...

    =?Utf-8?B?TVNVVGVjaA==?=, Aug 11, 2005

  2. You could try running those DOS Apps in the latest version of VM Ware
    Workstation which runs on x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 11, 2005

  3. Dominic Payer, Aug 11, 2005
  4. Tony Sperling, Aug 12, 2005
  5. It works for me.

    32 bit installers work.
    Only 16 bit installers don't work in XP64.

    Dominic Payer, Aug 12, 2005
  6. Ah, good to know. I'll make a mental note of that.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 12, 2005
  7. > We have purchased WinXP 64 ..... but, we have a need to run some really
    > old
    > software... does anyone know of an emulator, that will work on WinXP 64 ..
    > and run DOS apps?

    What did you use previously to run those DOS apps? Do people actually trash
    old machines without giving any thought whatsoever to whether something
    that's already old will run on something a few generations newer?

    Homer J. Simpson, Aug 18, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TVNVVGVjaA==?=

    Rob Stow Guest

    Homer J. Simpson wrote:
    >>We have purchased WinXP 64 ..... but, we have a need to run some really
    >>old
    >>software... does anyone know of an emulator, that will work on WinXP 64 ..
    >>and run DOS apps?

    > What did you use previously to run those DOS apps? Do people actually trash
    > old machines without giving any thought whatsoever to whether something
    > that's already old will run on something a few generations newer?

    VMWare 5 Workstation has "experimental support" for using XP-64
    at the host OS. Not sure about the server versions. IIRC,
    there is a VMWare 5 Workstation time-limited fully-functional
    trialware version.

    Why not give it a try and see if running DOS 6.x in a virtual
    machine does the job for you ?

    Rob Stow, Aug 18, 2005