    Anyone any ideas?..
    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Apr 24, 2007

  2. tony sayer wrote:

    > As it sez.. under WIN 2k, well I'm assuming that!. For a while now some
    > older programs haven't worked, it looks like their about to start then
    > just, don't!.
    >

    > I might have done something to this machine, anyone any ideas on what
    > might have been done?. No viruses known about or showing only suppose
    > something has been altered or deleted.
    >
    > One instance is ntest by Nokia which is a simple screen test utility
    > when started first part shows for less then a second then nothing else.
    >
    > Anyone any ideas?..

    When this has happened to me or my clients it's been because something has
    been corrupting the 16-bit space. WinFAX was a bugger for doing it.

    It's not a W2K problem as such -- that is, it's not the OS, it's an
    application that causes the problem -- so your best chance is to try to
    identify it by ripping things out of your start-up folder one-by-one until
    you find the culprit.

    --
    blj

    Brian L Johnson, Apr 24, 2007