    gurus able to confirm that?

    --
    .....NewsDroid

    NewsDroid, Jun 2, 2005

  2. NewsDroid wrote:
    > I just checked it with the appropriate(?) USB cable and
    > while the blue LED on the front lit up, it wouldn't mount, suggesting
    > that for USB I will have to provide a separate 5V DC PSU. Any nz.comp
    > gurus able to confirm that?

    USB is capable of providing sufficient power, but some systems fail do
    deliver the required amount, and possibly some drives require extra
    power than USB can deliver. My USB2 case came with a cable that had two
    USB connectors at the computer end. This allows for a second USB port to
    be used if the first doesn't provide enough power to the unit.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Jun 2, 2005