    both exams with 1 week of difference

    I just got MCDST and im 15 years old, is it a good success for me?

    Because i still cant get a job
    Alfredo Ureña, May 16, 2005

  2. Alfredo Ureña

    Jason Guest

    It's a feather in your cap at this point. How are you classifying yourself
    as a DST if you either don't have and/or cannot get a job? The DST
    indicates some measure of experience in the field which means you have
    practical experience, whether you pay taxes on the services you provide or
    not.

    Jason, May 17, 2005

  3. Congrats Alfredo! Yes, this is definitely a success for you and you are
    obviously on the right career path.

    Don't pay too much attention to Jason, he's a bit of a downer on this board.
    Continue your studies and while you are waiting to become employed do
    volunteer work for not-for-profit organizations or look for some
    job-shadowing opportunities.

    Best of luck in the future!

    Panicking in Prince George, May 17, 2005
  4. Alfredo Ureña

    Jason Guest

    Didn't realize I was being a downer...just noting that DST stands for
    Desktop Support Technician, and as such, he should be able to provide
    evidence of supporting desktops. Any employer willing to hire will want to
    see evidence of this experience. I was asking the question for him then
    providing possible answers (i.e. e.g. contract work for family and friends -
    which by the way DOES count imho)...

    Very much offering congrats to a 14 year old DST as that shows incredible
    aptitude and motivation to go after what you are interested in...apologies
    if I did not blow enough sunshine there....

    Jason, May 20, 2005
  5. Alfredo Ureña

    Dave Guest

    Hi

    Doesn't matter what MS qualifications you have - it is real world experience
    that counts.

    DST is so easy - it is a waste of time!! I passed with no course, revision
    or anything.

    Dave

    Dave, May 23, 2005
  6. Alfredo Ureña

    bob Guest

    Congratulations on the MCDST. I'd agree with George on getting a job
    that takes in volunteers - it could be pretty difficult getting a
    professional job
    at your age.

    And Dave, if DST was such a waste of time, why'd you spend the $200 buks
    to do it??

    Congrats Alfredo!

    bob, May 27, 2005
  7. Hello Alfredo,

    Well Done!! That's great. My name is Davin Eastley and I'm 13 years old. I
    am training for the MCAD Certification (a developer certification). I wish
    you the best in your future of being a desktop technician. I live in
    Tasmania, Australia. How many years of experience have you had? Feel free to
    e-mail me at .

    Regards,
    Davin Eastley

    www.davineastley.tk