    I have a 320 gb HD with vista 64bit,disk manager shows 15gb of unallocated
    partition ,how can I get rid of that 15gb and make my HD whole again.This is
    on a Dell xps 420 desk top.Disk manager has no option to delete this.Thanks

    pacca, Jul 26, 2009

  2. Rôgêr, ye lying man-queller and woman-queller, go thou and fill another
    room in hell, ye chin wagged:

    > pacca wrote:

    >> I have a 320 gb HD with vista 64bit,disk manager shows 15gb of
    >> unallocated partition ,how can I get rid of that 15gb and make my HD
    >> whole again.This is on a Dell xps 420 desk top.Disk manager has no
    >> option to delete this.Thanks

    > As long as you're sure it's not a restore partition, Acronis Disk
    > Director should be able to do it.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/mh3sr4

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You complete and utter fuckwit.

    > vista 64bit,disk manager

    The Vista disk manager can do it, you less than fucking useless dumbfuck
    ****.

    Hu Flung Dung, Jul 26, 2009

  3. pacca

    Mike Easter Guest

    pacca wrote:
    > I have a 320 gb HD with vista 64bit,disk manager shows 15gb of
    > unallocated partition ,how can I get rid of that 15gb and make my HD
    > whole again.This is on a Dell xps 420 desk top.Disk manager has no
    > option to delete this.

    That is your recovery partition.

    How have you prepared yourself to delete your recovery partition?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 26, 2009
  4. pacca

    pacca Guest

    it's not the recovery partition,it used to be the recovery partition now
    it's unallocated partition with no letter assigned,dell ships with vista 32
    &64 bit installation disks,I went from 32 bit to 64 bit on a clean install
    in which erased the recover partition,no big deal because I do have the
    installation disks.

    pacca, Jul 26, 2009
  5. pacca

    Mike Easter Guest

    pacca wrote:

    > it's not the recovery partition

    Please don't top post a reply like that. There's no context for your
    words. Make a conversation. See below:

    pacca wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"
    >> pacca wrote:
    >>> I have a 320 gb HD with vista 64bit,disk manager shows 15gb of
    >>> unallocated partition ,how can I get rid of that 15gb and make my HD
    >>> whole again.This is on a Dell xps 420 desk top.Disk manager has no
    >>> option to delete this.

    >> That is your recovery partition.

    > it's not the recovery partition ,it used to be the recovery partition

    now
    > it's unallocated partition with no letter assigned,dell ships with
    > vista 32 &64 bit installation disks,I went from 32 bit to 64 bit on a
    > clean install in which erased the recover partition,no big deal

    because
    > I do have the installation disks.

    R click My Computer - Manage/ Disk Management

    If that space is a volume that needs to be deleted do that. You should
    be able to expand/extend your C drive into that space.

    -----
    When you hit reply, if your cursor lands at the top of the page you are
    editing that doesn't mean you are supposed to start typing there. That
    means the top is where you start trimming away everything you aren't
    going to be directly replying to.

    Your own remarks go under an empty line under the exact words you are
    replying.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 26, 2009
  6. pacca

    Buffalo Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > pacca wrote:
    >
    >> it's not the recovery partition

    > Please don't top post a reply like that. There's no context for your
    > words. Make a conversation. See below:

    Gee Mike, I understood it.
    He posted in five words, while it would have taken you at least 50 words to
    communicate that point.

    Buffalo, Jul 26, 2009
  7. pacca

    Mike Easter Guest

    Buffalo wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> pacca wrote:
    >>
    >>> it's not the recovery partition

    >> Please don't top post a reply like that.

    > Gee Mike, I understood it.

    Congratulations.

    The actual story is going to gradually come out piece by piece, not
    properly backgrounded from the beginning.

    Pretty soon s/he'll come back with what kinds of problems s/he has with
    the disk manager not working.

    The pieces of the story with the intervening reply questions to drag the
    pieces of the story out don't need to be piled on top of each other with
    no context, no trimming, and arranged in a giant jumble in reverse
    order.

    Are you planning on top posting your inquiries about what is really
    going on?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 26, 2009
  8. pacca

    Mike Easter Guest

    pacca wrote:
    > dell ships with
    > vista 32 &64 bit installation disks,

    What do you mean?

    That is, what do the installation disks contain? Presumably they are
    Dell disks, not MS disks. Perhaps they are drive images of an install
    for the machine - a completed OS w/ appropriate drivers. That is, they
    contain software for booting and 'restoring' an image contained on the
    disk.

    Perhaps the disks don't contain any sort of Vista 32or64 installation
    files or driver files as such.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 26, 2009
  9. pacca

    pacca Guest

    pacca, Jul 26, 2009
  10. pacca

    Mike Easter Guest

    Thanks for working on the quote/formatting problem. More suggestions
    below.

    pacca wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"
    >> pacca wrote:
    >>> dell ships with
    >>> vista 32 &64 bit installation disks,

    >> What do you mean?

    >dell ships full oem MS software,unlike HP ,there no different then the
    >retail version,but are for dell(oem),can only be used on dell

    computers,it
    >reads the bios that must be dell.

    Oh, OK. I see.

    When you use the disk management, is the unallocatd space adjacent to
    the volume/disk where you want to put it? Will the Vista disk manager
    do the job of expanding your C drive to use the unallocated?

    Putting your reply remarks underneath the citation is a big improvement
    over putting them on top. Ideally you would also be trimming
    unnecessary lines and sig and your newsreader would be making cite marks
    and attributions as in this illustration.

    http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nquote.shtml Q3: Why shouldn't I quote the
    entire posting that I'm responding to?

    --
    Mike Easter