    better to go to Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, etc? If so, any advice on a
    good brand and/or model?

    Thanks.
    Bob, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Bob

    KS Guest

    > Am looking at buying a new 14 inch (34cmv) TV. I don't want to buy
    > crap. Are the "Transonic" and "Sanyo" ones at The Warehouse worth
    > buying...or is it better to go to Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, etc?
    > If so, any advice on a good brand and/or model?

    Well any 14" tv isn't going to be outstanding in quality.

    Let's say you buy one form the Warehouse, say $200. It's ok quality - pretty
    much what you'd expect from them and for something that cost you $200.

    2 years later, it craps out. Throw it away and buy another one. That tv cost
    you $100 per year to own.

    Go to Noel Leeming and buy one from there. Mitsi Black Diamond for $300.
    It'll probably last longer. But then are you going to be watching a 14" tv
    in 10 years time ??

    Whatever you choose to do, (A) someone's going to point out you should've
    done something else and (B) try and figure just how long you want to keep it
    for. My $1000 Sony 29" is still going superbly 10 years later ! Not a bad
    purchase for a spur of the moment/hung over buy.

    After all, it is just a 14" tv you're after, right ?
    KS, Nov 7, 2003

  3. On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 07:17:04 +1300, "Bob" <bob@not_my_real_address.com>
    scribbled:

    >Hi All
    >
    >Am looking at buying a new 14 inch (34cmv) TV. I don't want to buy crap. Are
    >the "Transonic" and "Sanyo" ones at The Warehouse worth buying...or is it
    >better to go to Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, etc? If so, any advice on a
    >good brand and/or model?

    You might want to ask in nz.tech.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Bob

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > Am looking at buying a new 14 inch (34cmv) TV. I don't want to buy
    > crap. Are the "Transonic" and "Sanyo" ones at The Warehouse worth
    > buying...or is it better to go to Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, etc?
    > If so, any advice on a good brand and/or model?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Do what I did. Get your hands on an old Commodore 14" monitor and run it off
    a VCR/DVD (they have an RCA input) and the audio through a little amp. The
    best damn picture I've ever seen on a 14" screen.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Bob

    Greg Parker Guest

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 07:17:04 +1300, "Bob" <bob@not_my_real_address.com> wrote:

    >Hi All
    >
    >Am looking at buying a new 14 inch (34cmv) TV. I don't want to buy crap. Are
    >the "Transonic" and "Sanyo" ones at The Warehouse worth buying...or is it
    >better to go to Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, etc? If so, any advice on a
    >good brand and/or model?
    >
    >Thanks.

    Both are 200% CRAP..
    Greg Parker, Nov 7, 2003
  6. Bob

    Greg Parker Guest

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:41:02 +1300, "KS" <> wrote:

    >> Am looking at buying a new 14 inch (34cmv) TV. I don't want to buy
    >> crap. Are the "Transonic" and "Sanyo" ones at The Warehouse worth
    >> buying...or is it better to go to Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, etc?
    >> If so, any advice on a good brand and/or model?

    >Well any 14" tv isn't going to be outstanding in quality.
    >
    >Let's say you buy one form the Warehouse, say $200. It's ok quality - pretty
    >much what you'd expect from them and for something that cost you $200.
    >
    >2 years later, it craps out. Throw it away and buy another one. That tv cost
    >you $100 per year to own.
    >
    >Go to Noel Leeming and buy one from there. Mitsi Black Diamond for $300.

    You are way out of date, Mitsi stop selling TV's here for some years now..

    Greg Parker, Nov 7, 2003
  7. Bob

    KS Guest

    > You are way out of date, Mitsi stop selling TV's here for some years
    > now..

    Looks like I stand corrected.

    I saw the tv listed as "Black Diamond", and I drew an assumption that it was
    manufactured by Mitsubishi.

    From their previous range of Mitsubishi Black Diamond tv range.
    KS, Nov 8, 2003
  8. ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Bob wrote:
    >> Hi All
    >>
    >> Am looking at buying a new 14 inch (34cmv) TV. I don't want to buy
    >> crap. Are the "Transonic" and "Sanyo" ones at The Warehouse worth
    >> buying...or is it better to go to Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, etc?
    >> If so, any advice on a good brand and/or model?
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > Do what I did. Get your hands on an old Commodore 14" monitor and run
    > it off a VCR/DVD (they have an RCA input) and the audio through a
    > little amp. The best damn picture I've ever seen on a 14" screen.

    Amen! I run my playstation through my Commodore monitor. Nice.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 8, 2003
  9. Bob

    Greg Parker Guest

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 14:07:38 +1300, "KS" <> wrote:

    >> You are way out of date, Mitsi stop selling TV's here for some years
    >> now..

    >Looks like I stand corrected.
    >
    >I saw the tv listed as "Black Diamond", and I drew an assumption that it was
    >manufactured by Mitsubishi.
    >
    >From their previous range of Mitsubishi Black Diamond tv range.

    Yes no more Misi even the Agent had to change there name was MELCO now BTC or
    some thing like that..
    Greg Parker, Nov 8, 2003
  10. Bob

    al Guest

    On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 14:27:07 +1300, Greg Parker
    <> wrote:

    >Yes no more Misi even the Agent had to change there name was MELCO now BTC or
    >some thing like that..

    BDT -- Black Diamond Technologies

    Regards
    al, Nov 8, 2003
  11. Bob

    JD Guest

    wrote:

    >Hi All
    >
    >Am looking at buying a new 14 inch (34cmv) TV. I don't want to buy crap. Are
    >the "Transonic" and "Sanyo" ones at The Warehouse worth buying...or is it
    >better to go to Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, etc? If so, any advice on a
    >good brand and/or model?

    Have a look at the Sony KV-PG14P10. I am pleased enough with mine to
    be using it as a monitor in a video edit suite. NL and HN have it at
    around $470, but it can be found for closer to $400. I thoroughly
    recommend it.

    JD
    JD, Nov 8, 2003
  12. Bob

    Eagle Eye Guest

    wrote:

    > >Hi All
    > >
    > >Am looking at buying a new 14 inch (34cmv) TV. I don't want to buy crap.

    Are
    > >the "Transonic" and "Sanyo" ones at The Warehouse worth buying...or is it
    > >better to go to Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, etc? If so, any advice on a
    > >good brand and/or model?
    > >
    > >Thanks.
    > >

    > Both are 200% CRAP..

    I was going to buy "LG" 21 inch from Harvey Norman, normally $699, reduced
    to $579, but seeing as I already have a Sony 21 inch in the Living Room, and
    I only intended to get a 14 inch for the bedroom, I went to The Warehouse
    and bought the Sanyo 14 inch (CP14SA1) on sale for $229.99, normally
    $329.99. It's been on for the past four hours and seems ok.

    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, feedback, etc.
    Eagle Eye, Nov 8, 2003
  13. Bob

    RecylerMan Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Bob wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All
    >>
    >>Am looking at buying a new 14 inch (34cmv) TV. I don't want to buy
    >>crap. Are the "Transonic" and "Sanyo" ones at The Warehouse worth
    >>buying...or is it better to go to Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, etc?
    >>If so, any advice on a good brand and/or model?
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    > Do what I did. Get your hands on an old Commodore 14" monitor and run it off
    > a VCR/DVD (they have an RCA input) and the audio through a little amp. The
    > best damn picture I've ever seen on a 14" screen.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    would have to agree with you there but they arre getting verry long in
    the tooth I have had three just up and die one did the flames and smoke
    trick :)

    --
    RecylerMan ICQ 22245595
    Mail to :- l i n u x u s r AT i h u g DOT c o DOT n z
    RecylerMan, Nov 8, 2003
  14. Bob

    ~misfit~ Guest

    RecylerMan wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Bob wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi All
    >>>
    >>> Am looking at buying a new 14 inch (34cmv) TV. I don't want to buy
    >>> crap. Are the "Transonic" and "Sanyo" ones at The Warehouse worth
    >>> buying...or is it better to go to Harvey Norman, Noel Leeming, etc?
    >>> If so, any advice on a good brand and/or model?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> Do what I did. Get your hands on an old Commodore 14" monitor and
    >> run it off a VCR/DVD (they have an RCA input) and the audio through
    >> a little amp. The best damn picture I've ever seen on a 14" screen.
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > would have to agree with you there but they arre getting verry long in
    > the tooth I have had three just up and die one did the flames and
    > smoke trick :)

    True that. However (crosses fingers) I've been using mine for about seven
    years now. I had to replace the power switch six months ago but otherwise
    it's still going strong.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 8, 2003
  15. On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 16:35:11 +1300, al wrote:

    >>Yes no more Misi even the Agent had to change there name was MELCO now BTC or
    >>some thing like that..
    >>

    > BDT -- Black Diamond Technologies

    MELCO = Mitsubishi ELectric COmpany.

    Something Woger should know full well if he's still servicing things.

    It's still Mitsubishi
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Nov 8, 2003
  16. On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:39:51 +0100, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 16:35:11 +1300, al wrote:
    >
    >>>Yes no more Misi even the Agent had to change there name was MELCO now BTC or
    >>>some thing like that..
    >>>

    >> BDT -- Black Diamond Technologies

    >MELCO = Mitsubishi ELectric COmpany.
    >
    >Something Woger should know full well if he's still servicing things.
    >
    >It's still Mitsubishi

    No it is not MELCO has Gone and so has Mitsubishi here, even there web site is
    now called BDT..
    Gregory Parker, Nov 8, 2003
  17. On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:39:51 +0100, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 16:35:11 +1300, al wrote:
    >
    >>>Yes no more Misi even the Agent had to change there name was MELCO now BTC or
    >>>some thing like that..
    >>>

    >> BDT -- Black Diamond Technologies

    >MELCO = Mitsubishi ELectric COmpany.
    >
    >Something Woger should know full well if he's still servicing things.
    >
    >It's still Mitsubishi

    Gee why post more lies..?
    Gregory Parker, Nov 8, 2003
  18. Bob

    Bret Guest

    On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:00:53 +1300, Gregory Parker
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:39:51 +0100, "Uncle StoatWarbler"
    ><> wrote:

    >>> BDT -- Black Diamond Technologies

    >>MELCO = Mitsubishi ELectric COmpany.
    >>
    >>Something Woger should know full well if he's still servicing things.
    >>
    >>It's still Mitsubishi
    >>

    >Gee why post more lies..?

    From the BDT website.

    The Melco group of companies has been importing and distributing
    products to the New Zealand market for 20 years. During most of this
    time, Mitsubishi Electric Australia and New Zealand directors have
    owned the company. In September of 2000 the New Zealand directors
    purchased a majority shareholding and Melco Limited became a holding
    company whilst Melco New Zealand Limited became the group’s trading
    arm.

    To reflect the changed nature, ownership and direction of the
    business, the following name changes will be effective from April 2nd
    2002:

    The company names of Melco Limited and Melco New Zealand Limited will
    be changed to Black Diamond Holdings Limited and Black Diamond
    Technologies Limited (BDT).

    The company is 95% owned by Local New Zealand Shareholders, with the
    remaining 5% held by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation.
    Bret, Nov 9, 2003
  19. Bob

    KS Guest

    >> Gee why post more lies..?

    > The company names of Melco Limited and Melco New Zealand Limited will
    > be changed to Black Diamond Holdings Limited and Black Diamond
    > Technologies Limited (BDT).

    Ahh, enjoyable reading !
    KS, Nov 9, 2003
  20. Bob

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <bohfka$kdu$>,
    says...
    > > You are way out of date, Mitsi stop selling TV's here for some years
    > > now..

    > Looks like I stand corrected.
    >
    > I saw the tv listed as "Black Diamond", and I drew an assumption that it was
    > manufactured by Mitsubishi.
    >
    > From their previous range of Mitsubishi Black Diamond tv range.

    Means it's imported by Black Diamond Technologies (aka Melco Sales)

    Black Diamond is the BDT/Melco brand, not related to Mitsubishi although
    they market some Mitsubishi stuff as BD.
    Mainlander, Nov 9, 2003