    for charge time of around 30hrs at 12V!!

    Cheers

    Ian

    Battery Bodger, May 18, 2004

  2. Battery Bodger

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <c8d7kq$bek$>,
    "Battery Bodger" <> wrote:

    > Anyone know what the charging current is for the Ansmann DIGISPEED 4 &
    > Hahnel Powerstation HSC-104 when operating from 12V DC.
    > Looking to replace an old Hahnel Twin powerstation which is rated at 200ma
    > on mains & only 80ma at 12V. With the latest 2400 batteries I could be in
    > for charge time of around 30hrs at 12V!!
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Ian

    The Ansmann is 1.75A on AC or DC for AA NiMh cells and 750 with NiMh AAA
    cells. For NiCd cells it outputs 700 mAh for AA and 300 mAh for AAA.

    On either AC or DC in NiMh mode or NiCd mode the cooling fan will come
    on whenever the heat rises in the charger to cool the cells so they
    barely get warm while charging.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, May 18, 2004

  3. Battery Bodger wrote:

    > Anyone know what the charging current is for the Ansmann DIGISPEED 4 &
    > Hahnel Powerstation HSC-104 when operating from 12V DC.
    > Looking to replace an old Hahnel Twin powerstation which is rated at 200ma
    > on mains & only 80ma at 12V. With the latest 2400 batteries I could be in
    > for charge time of around 30hrs at 12V!!

    Being unable to get one of these, I bought a HAMA model for a trip
    abroad with hire care and found that despite the stated times - longer
    for a car 12v than the 12v supplied by its mains adapter - it actually
    charged must faster in the car. Perhaps because car batteries (this was
    a new car) supply more than 12v when the car is running - up to 14v in
    practice - while the mains box was running from Turkish 220v probably
    not getting anywhere near a real 220v, maybe down in the upper 100s...

    David

    David Kilpatrick, May 19, 2004
  4. Battery Bodger

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <c8f5lk$pst$>,
    David Kilpatrick <> wrote:

    > Battery Bodger wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone know what the charging current is for the Ansmann DIGISPEED 4 &
    > > Hahnel Powerstation HSC-104 when operating from 12V DC.
    > > Looking to replace an old Hahnel Twin powerstation which is rated at 200ma
    > > on mains & only 80ma at 12V. With the latest 2400 batteries I could be in
    > > for charge time of around 30hrs at 12V!!
    > >

    > Being unable to get one of these, I bought a HAMA model for a trip
    > abroad with hire care and found that despite the stated times - longer
    > for a car 12v than the 12v supplied by its mains adapter - it actually
    > charged must faster in the car. Perhaps because car batteries (this was
    > a new car) supply more than 12v when the car is running - up to 14v in
    > practice - while the mains box was running from Turkish 220v probably
    > not getting anywhere near a real 220v, maybe down in the upper 100s...
    >
    > David

    The Ansmann operates at 12V DC on both the car or line current. That is
    why it comes with a wall transformer. If the unit you have is also run
    with a transformer then Turkish AC should not have been a problem.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, May 19, 2004
  5. Thanks for the info guys. I also found out from Hahnel that the HSC-104
    charges at 800ma at 12V.
    The Ansmann charges at over twice the rate of the Hahnel on both AC & DC.
    The Hahnel works at 100 to 240V AC whereas the Ansmann requires a Euro or US
    specific charger.
    Decisions, decisions!!

    Battery Bodger, May 20, 2004
  6. Battery Bodger

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <c8i4sa$f4o$>,
    "Battery Bodger" <> wrote:

    > whereas the Ansmann requires a Euro or US
    > specific charger.

    No. The charger remains the same. The AC adapter only changes.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

    Bob Salomon, May 20, 2004