    below 30 mW? I have a very dense area that I need to cover. I want to
    make sure I have enough APs to support 200 clients in a two story
    building with 4-5 classrooms per floor.
    Phil, Aug 24, 2004

  2. On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:47:37 -0500, Phil <> wrote:

    ~ Has anyone ever had any issues with turning down the power of an 1231 AP
    ~ below 30 mW? I have a very dense area that I need to cover. I want to
    ~ make sure I have enough APs to support 200 clients in a two story
    ~ building with 4-5 classrooms per floor.

    For wireless networks that are used to support 7920 phones,
    which can require dense AP coverage, 20mW is a typical
    transmit setting. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_white_paper0900aecd800f6d97.shtml
    for some information on installing a network to support
    7920s, which should have some applicability to your case.

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Aaron Leonard wrote:
    > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:47:37 -0500, Phil <> wrote:
    >
    > ~ Has anyone ever had any issues with turning down the power of an 1231 AP
    > ~ below 30 mW? I have a very dense area that I need to cover. I want to
    > ~ make sure I have enough APs to support 200 clients in a two story
    > ~ building with 4-5 classrooms per floor.
    >
    > For wireless networks that are used to support 7920 phones,
    > which can require dense AP coverage, 20mW is a typical
    > transmit setting. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_white_paper0900aecd800f6d97.shtml
    > for some information on installing a network to support
    > 7920s, which should have some applicability to your case.
    >
    > Aaron

    Thanks for the reply Aaron. That doc you posted has a lot of great
    info. Appreciate it.
    Phil, Aug 24, 2004