12 Msupdates last night killed Google Website access

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by RayC, Sep 15, 2011.

  1. RayC

    RayC Guest

    as above

    since last night updates and a reboot I cannot get access to

    www.google.com
    www.google.co.nz
    www.google.com.au
    just times out to a network problem.

    many other sites around the world are fine for webpage loading and viewing.

    they have altered the default search provider settings as well.

    all reference to Google has been disabled.Bing is ok.

    Heck, if MS did this deliberately there will be hell to pay.

    any others noticed this as well.
    RayC, Sep 15, 2011

  2. On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:19:18 +1200, "RayC" <>
    wrote:

    >as above
    >
    >since last night updates and a reboot I cannot get access to
    >
    >www.google.com
    >www.google.co.nz
    >www.google.com.au
    >just times out to a network problem.
    >
    >many other sites around the world are fine for webpage loading and viewing.
    >
    >they have altered the default search provider settings as well.
    >
    >all reference to Google has been disabled.Bing is ok.
    >
    >Heck, if MS did this deliberately there will be hell to pay.
    >
    >any others noticed this as well.

    Since I use Firefox, I am unaffected. But I just ran IE to check it
    out and it is still set to use Google and I can still access the
    Google sites.
    Stephen Worthington, Sep 15, 2011

  3. RayC

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:18:10 +1200, in messages <4wbcq.169461$1.easynews.com> and <1vbcq.201961$1.easynews.com>
    RayC wrote:

    > Subject: 12 Msupdates last night killed Google Website access
    > as above
    >
    > since last night updates and a reboot I cannot get access to
    > www.google.com
    > www.google.co.nz
    > www.google.com.au
    > just times out to a network problem.
    >
    > many other sites around the world are fine for webpage loading and viewing.
    > they have altered the default search provider settings as well.
    > all reference to Google has been disabled.Bing is ok.
    >
    > Heck, if MS did this deliberately there will be hell to pay.
    > any others noticed this as well.

    No problem here. Still working with Firefox 6.0.2 and with IE9.

    --
    Kind regards
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Sep 15, 2011
  4. RayC

    Donchano Guest

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:19:18 +1200, "RayC" <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >as above
    >
    >since last night updates and a reboot I cannot get access to
    >
    >www.google.com
    >www.google.co.nz
    >www.google.com.au
    >just times out to a network problem.
    >
    >many other sites around the world are fine for webpage loading and viewing.
    >
    >they have altered the default search provider settings as well.
    >
    >all reference to Google has been disabled.Bing is ok.
    >
    >Heck, if MS did this deliberately there will be hell to pay.
    >
    >any others noticed this as well.

    I haven't done the latest Windows update yet. I do them manually. But
    I did notice that Facebook was down for a couple of hours this
    morning.

    When I tried to follow a link in an email all I got was a blank page.
    Same thing when I typed www.facebook.com in my browser (FF4.0.1).
    Donchano, Sep 15, 2011
  5. Re: 12 Msupdates last night killed my Washing Machine

    Yes now my Washing machine will not Boot up..?
    Frank Williams, Sep 16, 2011
  6. RayC

    Donchano Guest

    Re: 12 Msupdates last night killed my Washing Machine

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:31:14 +1200, Kiwi <> shouted
    from the highest rooftop:

    >On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 21:35:59 +1200, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 16/09/2011 3:52 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Yes now my Washing machine will not Boot up..?
    >>>

    >>Give her a slap on the arse and kick her out of bed then. ;-)

    >10/10. Nice to see a bit of humour in nz comp. :)

    + 1
    Donchano, Sep 16, 2011