12 Gig Compact Flash Card: $14,900

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Thad, May 27, 2004.

  1. Thad

    Thad Guest

    Thad, May 27, 2004

  2. On Thu, 27 May 2004 00:42:45 -0400, Thad
    <> wrote:

    >"If you really want 12 GB of CF storage just buy three Creative Labs
    >Nomad MuVo 4 GB ($200), each one contains a 4 GB Hitachi Microdrive.
    >$600 vs. $14,900." -Phil Askey

    I would be a lot more likely to find $15K between my couch
    cushions, than 3 MuVos in stock.

    --
    - Lee

    Lee Lindquist, May 27, 2004

  3. Thad

    BG250 Guest

    dSLR $3,000
    Lenses $$2,500
    Card to store the images on: Priceless!

    I would rather spread my images out over several small cards. 12GB is one
    big basket to keep all those eggs in.

    Nice to see that storage is keeping well ahead of the camera's file sizes.
    At least that's not holding us back from higher res cameras. Prices will
    eventually drop on these new items.

    Interesting note on the prices of memory expected to drop, perhaps
    significantly. I wouldn't mind a couple more 256MB cards for $25 each.
    bg

    BG250, May 27, 2004
  4. Thad

    Drifter Guest

    <> wrote:

    >"If you really want 12 GB of CF storage just buy three Creative Labs
    >Nomad MuVo 4 GB ($200), each one contains a 4 GB Hitachi Microdrive.
    >$600 vs. $14,900." -Phil Askey
    >
    >http://www.dpreview.com/news/0405/04052601pretec12gb.asp

    Heck, for $100 I bought a Vorsonic VP 2030. Sure it's slow as hell
    but I have 20 GIG of self contained/portable storage to take in the
    field with me. I don't notice the speed so much 'cause while I'm
    shooting on one card I'm downloading the other.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."

    Drifter, May 27, 2004