    slows down. My signal strength is Excellent, I am not using any security,
    but do use MAC address filtering.

    How can I force the it to run the higher speed?
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHcmVnb3J5?=, Apr 25, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHcmVnb3J5?=

    Lem Guest

    John Gregory wrote:
    > I have a new laptop IBM T60 with 802.11g wireless card built-in, and a new
    > Linksys 802.11g router. However, I can only seem to get a 11Mbps connection
    > out of it.
    >
    > When I turn on the radio, it connects at 54Mbps for a few seconds, then
    > slows down. My signal strength is Excellent, I am not using any security,
    > but do use MAC address filtering.
    >
    > How can I force the it to run the higher speed?

    Check the wireless settings in the router's configuration utility and
    make sure that it is set to "G-only".

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    Lem, Apr 26, 2007

  3. That works - simple if you know how,

    Thank you for your help

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBHcmVnb3J5?=, Apr 26, 2007
  4. Re: Re: 11Mbps vs 54Mbps

    Hi, I saw the same tip you gave somewhere esse but don't know where is the router's configuration utility. Could you please help me. I just stated from scrach my PC on Windows XP sp1. My last drive blew up! I used XP sp3 B4.
    Thank you.
    Might be easier to send me a mail at
    Thanks again
    Philippe