    Any personal preferences between 1GB CF and MD?
    --
    Alan F Cross

    Alan F Cross, Jul 13, 2003

  2. Stuart Middleton-White, Jul 13, 2003

  3. I've got a 16x Lexar 512MB...works fine but the 10D doesn't support WA
    (yet).

    Randall Ainsworth, Jul 14, 2003
  4. Alan F Cross <> writes:

    > Choosing CF card(s) for my soon-to-arrive 10D. Do I need a 32X card to
    > make the most of the burst rate (3fps/9shots) or is this irrelevant?
    > Does it perhaps simply affect the time to 'recover' and start shooting
    > again?

    The 3fps/9 shots are dumped to the internal memory of the camera, and
    then it dumps them to disk when the camera is idle. Once the buffer
    is full, you need to wait for it to recover.

    CF speed affects the recovery time, but not greatly. I've got a Lexar
    32x and a 12x card, and the difference in actual measured write speed
    in the camera is only about 20% different---I think the bottleneck is
    in the camera, not the card, since it takes about ~80 seconds with
    either card to fully dump to the CF card (although as memory is freed
    you can start taking pictures again---at around 0.5 fps I can take
    non-stop back-to-back pictures at Large JPEG setting until my 256 MB
    card is full). It makes a much bigger difference when I stick the CF
    card in my card reader to read the images back.

    > Any no-no brands of card in this camera?

    The 10D doesn't support WA, so it's not worth spending money on that
    feature if you're just using them in the 10D.

    > Any personal preferences between 1GB CF and MD?

    CF is way more shock-resistant.

    --
    Richard W Kaszeta

    http://www.kaszeta.org/rich