    router or in the wireless setup of the notebook? Or maybe I should
    have purchased a different wireless router?

    TIA, Rich

    Rich, Nov 17, 2005

  2. They have different chips. Your router is Atheros (108) and your built
    in NIC is Broadcom (125). They use different proprietary spe3ed
    bursting solutions. So, yes, if you had a router with the right
    Broadcom chip, you'd be able to use the proprietary 125 mode.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman MVP-Windows, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Thanks, Barb for the info. I suspected as much but it's good to have
    if confirmed.

    Rich

    Rich, Nov 17, 2005