    says I don't have a virus (updated definitions and full scan). What
    else should I check?
    WC
    WCH, Mar 27, 2005

  2. WCH

    Plato Guest

    WCH wrote:

    > Starting a few days ago my email program (Thunderbird v 1.0) reports an
    > increase of several thousand new emails in my Inbox every time I open it
    > (every few hours). The emails don't show up, and I can't find them, and
    > says I don't have a virus (updated definitions and full scan). What
    > else should I check?

    What happens when you used your second anti-virus program to double
    check?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 27, 2005

  3. WCH wrote:

    > Starting a few days ago my email program (Thunderbird v 1.0) reports an
    > increase of several thousand new emails in my Inbox every time I open it
    > (every few hours). The emails don't show up, and I can't find them, and
    > I"m getting my regular emails, but it's taking longer and longer for
    > the program to open so I know something's wrong. Five days ago I had
    > about 1500 messages in my Inbox. Now it says I have 23,000! Norton A/V
    > says I don't have a virus (updated definitions and full scan). What
    > else should I check?
    > WC

    Try to disable nortons e-mail protection - it actually works as a local
    proxy, made to cooperate mainly with outlook/outlook express, and looks
    like it can create a loop in your setup.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Mar 27, 2005