1000 Terabytes = 1 exabyte?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Keith Chilton, Feb 17, 2007.

  1. Is 1000 Terabytes an "exabyte"?

    GUID partition table (GPT)
    A disk-partitioning scheme that is used in Itanium-based computers. GPT
    offers more advantages than Master Boot Record (MBR) partitioning because it
    allows up to 128 partitions per disk, provides support for volumes up to 18
    exabytes in size, allows primary and backup partition tables for redundancy,
    and supports unique disk and partition IDs (GUIDs).

    --
    Keith Chilton, MCP
    Data Services Technician

    messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions, conclusions
    and other information expressed in this message are not given or endorsed by
    my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an authorized
    representative independent of this message.
    Keith Chilton, Feb 17, 2007

  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exabyte

    Never mind. I wasn't aware of any of the ones above Terabyte. I love to
    learn!

    Keith Chilton, Feb 17, 2007