    saw that. Product has been in the market only for 6 months and they
    are offering rebate, so unlike Nikon?

    Thanks

    DKumar, Nov 8, 2004

  2. (DKumar) writes:

    > Any comments on Nikon's $100 rebate for D70. I was surprised when I
    > saw that. Product has been in the market only for 6 months and they
    > are offering rebate, so unlike Nikon?

    I would imagine it is to counter the $200+ rebate from Canon on the 300D....

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Nov 8, 2004

  3. "DKumar" <> wrote in message
    > Any comments on Nikon's $100 rebate for D70. I was surprised when I
    > saw that. Product has been in the market only for 6 months and they
    > are offering rebate, so unlike Nikon?

    Nothing wrong with the rebates, though I would rather they deduct it at the
    time of sale. I just got my $150 rebate check for my 70-200mm VR lens.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 8, 2004
  4. DKumar

    bmoag Guest

    Canon is also offering discounts on the digital Rebel, presumably to clear
    out the warehouses before releasing the next version.
    Let us hope Nikon has a similar strategy: the D70 is actually about a year
    old although not generally available here until February 04.

    bmoag, Nov 8, 2004
  5. DKumar

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:37:28 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Rita Ä
    Berkowitz" <> wrote:

    >"DKumar" <> wrote in message
    >> Any comments on Nikon's $100 rebate for D70. I was surprised when I
    >> saw that. Product has been in the market only for 6 months and they
    >> are offering rebate, so unlike Nikon?

    >Nothing wrong with the rebates, though I would rather they deduct it at the
    >time of sale. I just got my $150 rebate check for my 70-200mm VR lens.

    If I may ask, how long did it take? Still waiting on mine.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Nov 8, 2004
  6. "DKumar" <> wrote in message
    > Any comments on Nikon's $100 rebate for D70. I was surprised when I
    > saw that. Product has been in the market only for 6 months and they
    > are offering rebate, so unlike Nikon?

    When it came out, there was no 20D on the market, and the D70 had some
    advantages over the Canon 10D. Sales have probably now slowed, as all the
    early adopters already have purchased.

    Maybe the follow-up model is close to being announced.

    Steven M. Scharf, Nov 8, 2004
  7. DKumar

    PhotoMan Guest

    Steven M. Scharf wrote:
    > "DKumar" <> wrote in message
    >> Any comments on Nikon's $100 rebate for D70. I was surprised when I
    >> saw that. Product has been in the market only for 6 months and they
    >> are offering rebate, so unlike Nikon?

    > When it came out, there was no 20D on the market, and the D70 had some
    > advantages over the Canon 10D. Sales have probably now slowed, as all
    > the early adopters already have purchased.
    >
    > Maybe the follow-up model is close to being announced.

    If only they'd deliver what they announce. :-(

    PhotoMan, Nov 8, 2004
  8. "Ed Ruf" <> wrote in message

    > If I may ask, how long did it take? Still waiting on mine.

    Six and a half weeks.

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 8, 2004
  9. DKumar

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:54:52 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "Rita Ä
    Berkowitz" <> wrote:

    >"Ed Ruf" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> If I may ask, how long did it take? Still waiting on mine.

    >Six and a half weeks.

    Thanks.

    Ed Ruf, Nov 8, 2004
  10. DKumar

    sid derra Guest

    "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <> wrote in message
    > "DKumar" <> wrote in message
    > > Any comments on Nikon's $100 rebate for D70. I was surprised when I
    > > saw that. Product has been in the market only for 6 months and they
    > > are offering rebate, so unlike Nikon?

    > Nothing wrong with the rebates, though I would rather they deduct it at

    the
    > time of sale.

    me too - and take off the according tax-ratio as well.

    sid

    sid derra, Nov 8, 2004