    May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ from
    a regular crop?

    o(*¿*)o

    o\(*¿*\)o, Oct 9, 2003

  2. o\(*¿*\)o

    Trev Guest

    "o(*¿*)o" <> wrote in message
    news:tA7hb.43$...
    : May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ
    from
    : a regular crop?

    IT delets all
    :
    : o(*¿*)o
    :
    :

    Trev, Oct 9, 2003

  3. o\(*¿*\)o

    Brad Guest

    In article <>,
    lid said...

    > "o(*¿*)o" <> wrote in message
    > : May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ
    > from
    > : a regular crop?
    >
    > IT delets all

    I thought you were left with the 1 pixel at the center of the image and
    the 100% was actually a slight misnomer.

    Brad, Oct 9, 2003
  4. o\(*¿*\)o

    Stewy Guest

    "Brad" <> wrote in message
    In article <>,
    lid said...

    > "o(*¿*)o" <> wrote in message
    > : May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ
    > from
    > : a regular crop?
    >
    > IT delets all

    I thought you were left with the 1 pixel at the center of the image and
    the 100% was actually a slight misnomer.

    What good is one pixel? Let's be imprecise and call it all?

    Stewy, Oct 9, 2003
  5. o\(*¿*\)o

    Brad Guest

    In article <bm3pjv$jc3$>,
    said...

    > "Brad" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > lid said...
    > >
    > > "o(*¿*)o" <> wrote in message
    > > : May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ
    > > from
    > > : a regular crop?
    > >
    > > IT delets all

    >> I thought you were left with the 1 pixel at the center of the image and
    >> the 100% was actually a slight misnomer.

    > What good is one pixel? Let's be imprecise and call it all?

    1 pixel is better than none.

    Brad, Oct 9, 2003
  6. o\(*¿*\)o

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <tA7hb.43$>, "o\(*¿*\)o"
    <> says...
    > May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ from
    > a regular crop?
    >
    > o(*¿*)o

    It is a method of showing the quality of a full size file from a digital
    camera without having to post the whole image. If I want to show you how
    great the resolution is on my camera, a resized 640x480 picture doesn't
    do much good. So what I would do is to crop out a 640x480 section of the
    ORIGINAL image and post that on the web. You would only see a portion of
    the picture but the pixels that you are looking at are straight out of
    the camera. It's "100%" in that you haven't resized the image and it's a
    "crop" in that you have cropped a portion of the image. The phrase "100%
    crop" however is a bit of a misnomer.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Oct 9, 2003
  7. o\(*¿*\)o

    Alan Browne Guest

    Todd Walker wrote:

    > In article <tA7hb.43$>, "o\(*¿*\)o"
    > <> says...
    >
    >>May be a stupid question but what is a *100% crop*? How does it differ from
    >>a regular crop?
    >>
    >>o(*¿*)o
    >>

    > It is a method of showing the quality of a full size file from a digital
    > camera without having to post the whole image. If I want to show you how
    > great the resolution is on my camera, a resized 640x480 picture doesn't
    > do much good. So what I would do is to crop out a 640x480 section of the
    > ORIGINAL image and post that on the web. You would only see a portion of
    > the picture but the pixels that you are looking at are straight out of
    > the camera. It's "100%" in that you haven't resized the image and it's a
    > "crop" in that you have cropped a portion of the image. The phrase "100%
    > crop" however is a bit of a misnomer.

    It may be misleading to the uninitiated, but not a misnomer. Your
    description is right on.

    Alan Browne, Oct 9, 2003