    able to use if I get these two items? If it's not fully compatible, I might as
    well just go with the lens that comes with the D70 kit. Thanks in advance for
    any advice.
    Xtx99, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Xtx99

    Nick Beard Guest

    Dont worry at all. It will work fine with the D70. When this lens was
    released the current literature at the time only stated the D100 plus all
    the others as this was the current (cheapest) model at the time. Then they
    launched the D70.
    All AF-S ED etc lenses work with all the digital models well infact it will
    due to the 1.5X crop factor give you a field of view comparable to 36mm -
    180mm in 35mm film terms. It has 2 ED glass elements which will help greatly
    with the chromatics and ghosting on the sensor. Being a 5X zoom it will
    produce less than perfect results at the extreme focal lengths but on the
    digital body this is somewhat reduced as you will only benifit from the
    central portion of the lens due to the above crop factor. The 'G' in the
    lens name denotes a lens with out aperture ring so you will adjust the
    aperture from the camera body via a thumbwheel (main or sub). So worry not
    Go buy with pleasure. Oh yes, the VR is wicked too.

    Nick Beard, Jan 12, 2005

  3. Xtx99

    Dave L Guest

    "Xtx99" <> wrote in message
    > 100% Compatible?? Nikon D70 & Nikon 24-120/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR 2145NID
    > AF
    > Zoom Lens

    I've got a £25 off voucher for that lens if you want it

    Dave
    Dave L, Jan 13, 2005