    appear to be the case. Do I have to use the crappy Canon-
    supplied software, or is there a better solution?

    Andrew
    Andrew, Aug 4, 2004

  2. Andrew

    dslr Guest

    In article <cer99c$55j$>, Andrew <> wrote:
    >I just bought a 10D. I like the RAW+jpeg feature. I had been
    >using breezebrowser to convert raw files from my G3 and I was
    >hoping that breezebrowswer was capable of extracting the
    >embedded jpegs in the 10D's raw files, but this does not
    >appear to be the case. Do I have to use the crappy Canon-
    >supplied software, or is there a better solution?

    Does Tools->Extract Embedded JPEGs not do what you want?

    It does on mine.

    --
    KRs
    dslr
    dslr, Aug 4, 2004

  3. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    dslr <> wrote:
    > In article <cer99c$55j$>, Andrew <> wrote:
    >>I just bought a 10D. I like the RAW+jpeg feature. I had been
    >>using breezebrowser to convert raw files from my G3 and I was
    >>hoping that breezebrowswer was capable of extracting the
    >>embedded jpegs in the 10D's raw files, but this does not
    >>appear to be the case. Do I have to use the crappy Canon-
    >>supplied software, or is there a better solution?

    > Does Tools->Extract Embedded JPEGs not do what you want?
    >
    > It does on mine.

    Thanks! I was so giddy with the excitement of owning a new 10D
    that I missed it.

    Andrew
    Andrew, Aug 4, 2004
  4. Andrew wrote:

    > dslr <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <cer99c$55j$>, Andrew <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I just bought a 10D. I like the RAW+jpeg feature. I had been
    >>>using breezebrowser to convert raw files from my G3 and I was
    >>>hoping that breezebrowswer was capable of extracting the
    >>>embedded jpegs in the 10D's raw files, but this does not
    >>>appear to be the case. Do I have to use the crappy Canon-
    >>>supplied software, or is there a better solution?

    >> Does Tools->Extract Embedded JPEGs not do what you want?
    >>
    >>It does on mine.

    > Thanks! I was so giddy with the excitement of owning a new 10D
    > that I missed it.
    >
    > Andrew

    Another answer is: Photoshop. The new CS version has a built in plugin
    (double speak: it comes with a free plugin) that handles RAW from
    virtually all digital cameras made in the last few years. I truly like
    how it works, but being on a Mac I can't comment on breeze browser, afaik.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Aug 4, 2004
  5. Andrew

    Dave Guest

    Also Irfanview has available a RAW plug-in for at least Canon D60. Don't
    know about 10D. Both Irfanview and the plug-in are free, of course.

    Dave, Aug 5, 2004
  6. Andrew

    Guest

    In message <AAdQc.76007$8_6.45634@attbi_s04>,
    John McWilliams <> wrote:

    > Another answer is: Photoshop. The new CS version has a built in plugin
    >(double speak: it comes with a free plugin) that handles RAW from
    >virtually all digital cameras made in the last few years. I truly like
    >how it works, but being on a Mac I can't comment on breeze browser, afaik.

    The poster wanted to extract the JPEGs embedded in the RAW files; not to
    convert to JPEG.

    That is the *only* thing I do with the FVU.
    --

    John P Sheehy <>
    , Aug 6, 2004