    8. Godzilla: Godzilla
    9. Mr. Barlow: Salem's Lot
    10. Creature: Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Jake, Jul 5, 2003

  2. On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 10:44:28 -0700, "Jake" <> wrote:

    >I was watching the 7th Voyage of Sinbad the other day and I still get a kick out of that Cyclops. Got me to thinking about the coolest monsters I've seen over the years (I've been a monster movie nut since I was a kid) and decided to put my list out here for debate. Here goes:
    >
    >1. Cyclops: The 7th Voyage of Sinbad
    >2. Ymir: 20,000,000 Miles to Earth
    >3. Martian: It! The Terror from Beyond Space
    >4. Thing: The Thing (1982 version)
    >5. Alien: Alien
    >6. Wolfman: The Wolfman
    >7. Dark Lord: Legend
    >8. Godzilla: Godzilla
    >9. Mr. Barlow: Salem's Lot
    >10. Creature: Creature from the Black Lagoon

    Let's add 'Gort' to that list, if you want to consider him a monster.
    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Jake

    Meng Guest

    I was watching the 7th Voyage of Sinbad the other day and I still get a kick
    out of that Cyclops. Got me to thinking about the coolest monsters I've
    seen over the years (I've been a monster movie nut since I was a kid) and
    decided to put my list out here for debate. Here goes:

    1. Cyclops: The 7th Voyage of Sinbad
    2. Ymir: 20,000,000 Miles to Earth
    3. Martian: It! The Terror from Beyond Space
    4. Thing: The Thing (1982 version)
    5. Alien: Alien
    6. Wolfman: The Wolfman
    7. Dark Lord: Legend
    8. Godzilla: Godzilla
    9. Mr. Barlow: Salem's Lot
    10. Creature: Creature from the Black Lagoon

    The raptors in the first Jurassic Park;
    The fire monster (can't remember it's name) in The Fellowship of the Ring;
    Jabberwocky;
    The three-headed Knight in Holy Grail.
    Meng, Jul 5, 2003
  4. Jake

    Coyote Guest

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:57:55 +0100, Meng <> wrote:

    >I was watching the 7th Voyage of Sinbad the other day and I still get a kick
    >out of that Cyclops. Got me to thinking about the coolest monsters I've
    >seen over the years (I've been a monster movie nut since I was a kid) and
    >decided to put my list out here for debate. Here goes:
    >
    >1. Cyclops: The 7th Voyage of Sinbad
    >2. Ymir: 20,000,000 Miles to Earth
    >3. Martian: It! The Terror from Beyond Space
    >4. Thing: The Thing (1982 version)
    >5. Alien: Alien
    >6. Wolfman: The Wolfman
    >7. Dark Lord: Legend
    >8. Godzilla: Godzilla
    >9. Mr. Barlow: Salem's Lot
    >10. Creature: Creature from the Black Lagoon
    >

    >The raptors in the first Jurassic Park;
    >The fire monster (can't remember it's name) in The Fellowship of the Ring;
    >Jabberwocky;
    >The three-headed Knight in Holy Grail.

    The Graboids in TREMORS, and the bugs in STARSHIP TROOPERS.

    --
    Coyote

    To reply by email, it's .
    Coyote, Jul 5, 2003
  5. Jake

    Mark Spatny Guest

    I'm pleasantly surpised the Lord of Darkness made your list. He isn't a
    household name like the Wolfman or Godzilla. Here's a few creatures I'd
    add to the list:

    1. Ghidra - from the Godzilla movies
    2. The Blob (the remake, not the original)
    3. The Shadows: Babylon 5
    4. The Borg: Trek
    5. The Gentlemen: Buffy
    6. The Stay-Puft Marshamallow Man
    7. Boomers: Bubblegum Crisis
    8. King Kong
    9. Audrey: Little Shop of Horrors

    And the most horrible, terrifying creature of all:

    10. Michael Bay
    Mark Spatny, Jul 6, 2003
  6. Jake

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Mark Spatny wrote:
    > I'm pleasantly surpised the Lord of Darkness made your list. He isn't a
    > household name like the Wolfman or Godzilla. Here's a few creatures I'd
    > add to the list:
    >
    > 1. Ghidra - from the Godzilla movies
    > 2. The Blob (the remake, not the original)
    > 3. The Shadows: Babylon 5
    > 4. The Borg: Trek
    > 5. The Gentlemen: Buffy
    > 6. The Stay-Puft Marshamallow Man
    > 7. Boomers: Bubblegum Crisis
    > 8. King Kong
    > 9. Audrey: Little Shop of Horrors
    >
    > And the most horrible, terrifying creature of all:
    >
    > 10. Michael Bay

    I was expecting Barney here.

    dick
    Dick Sidbury, Jul 6, 2003
  7. Jake

    Meng Guest

    > And the most horrible, terrifying creature of all:

    Grace Jones.

    or Cher.
    Meng, Jul 6, 2003
  8. Jake

    Peter Briggs Guest

    Dr. Speedbyrd:> <> wrote:

    > Let's add 'Gort' to that list, if you want to consider him a monster.

    Nah. He's a robot! Now, if you want to start a list of those...!
    Peter Briggs, Jul 6, 2003
  9. On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 11:32:40 +0100, Meng <> wrote:

    >> And the most horrible, terrifying creature of all:
    >>

    >Grace Jones.
    >
    >or Cher.

    Love 'em both!
    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 6, 2003
  10. On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 13:41:22 +0100, (Peter
    Briggs) wrote:

    >Dr. Speedbyrd:> <> wrote:
    >
    >> Let's add 'Gort' to that list, if you want to consider him a monster.

    >Nah. He's a robot! Now, if you want to start a list of those...!

    (Leaving out androids here)

    1. The False Maria in Metropolis
    2. The Terminator
    3. Robbie in Forbidden Planet
    4. Huey, Dewey and Louis in Silent Running
    5. The butler robots in Sleeper
    6. The fembots in Austin Powers International Man Of Mystery
    7. Robot Monster (yeah, I know, it's a gorilla with a diving helmet)
    John Harkness, Jul 6, 2003
  11. If she hasn't alrready been mentioned,
    The Alien Queen from 'Aliens'

    Wow, a woman with spunk!!! ;)
    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 6, 2003
  12. Jake

    Shinner Guest

    "Jake" <> wrote in news:48ENa.1753$7e.46@fed1read07:

    > I was watching the 7th Voyage of Sinbad the other day and I still get
    > a kick out of that Cyclops. Got me to thinking about the coolest
    > monsters I've seen over the years (I've been a monster movie nut since
    > I was a kid) and decided to put my list out here for debate. Here
    > goes:
    >
    > 1. Cyclops: The 7th Voyage of Sinbad
    > 2. Ymir: 20,000,000 Miles to Earth
    > 3. Martian: It! The Terror from Beyond Space
    > 4. Thing: The Thing (1982 version)
    > 5. Alien: Alien
    > 6. Wolfman: The Wolfman
    > 7. Dark Lord: Legend
    > 8. Godzilla: Godzilla
    > 9. Mr. Barlow: Salem's Lot
    > 10. Creature: Creature from the Black Lagoon

    Since I just watched Dogma:

    11. Golgathon
    Shinner, Jul 6, 2003
  13. > "Dr. Speedbyrd:>" <> wrote:
    >If she hasn't alrready been mentioned,
    >The Alien Queen from 'Aliens'
    >
    >Wow, a woman with spunk!!! ;)

    I hate spunk.
    Maureen Goldman, Jul 6, 2003
  14. Jake

    Bob Bohling Guest

    "Peter Briggs" <> wrote in message
    > Dr. Speedbyrd:> <> wrote:
    >
    > > Let's add 'Gort' to that list, if you want to consider him a monster.

    > Nah. He's a robot! Now, if you want to start a list of those...!

    Hilary Clinton: monster or robot. You choose.
    Bob Bohling, Jul 7, 2003
  15. On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:38:25 GMT, "Bob Bohling" <rbohling437@comcast{NOSPAMALLOWED}.net> wrote:

    >"Peter Briggs" <> wrote in message
    >> Dr. Speedbyrd:> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Let's add 'Gort' to that list, if you want to consider him a monster.

    >> Nah. He's a robot! Now, if you want to start a list of those...!

    >Hilary Clinton: monster or robot. You choose.

    Next President, when Georgie does his time.
    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 7, 2003
  16. Jake

    Buckaroo Guest

    > Next President, when Georgie does his time.

    Never.
    Buckaroo, Jul 7, 2003
  17. On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 18:42:55 -0700, "Buckaroo" <> wrote:

    >> Next President, when Georgie does his time.

    >Never.

    Maybe not in your world.
    It's 'bout time we got a woman to clean up the shit the men have been piling up.
    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 7, 2003
  18. On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 02:02:13 GMT, "Bob Bohling" <rbohling437@comcast{NOSPAMALLOWED}.net> wrote:

    >"Dr. Speedbyrd:>" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:38:25 GMT, "Bob Bohling"

    ><rbohling437@comcast{NOSPAMALLOWED}.net> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Peter Briggs" <> wrote in message

    >> >Hilary Clinton: monster or robot. You choose.
    >> >

    >> Next President, when Georgie does his time.

    >You must live in N.Y.. That evil twat won't ever make it.

    Never is a strong word without much backing.
    They said we'd never be attacked on our home ground.

    I don't live anywhere near NY. It's just the way things are. Enjoy Georgie while you can and
    while we're still in one piece.
    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 7, 2003
  19. On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 02:02:57 GMT, "Bob Bohling" <rbohling437@comcast{NOSPAMALLOWED}.net> wrote:

    >"Dr. Speedbyrd:>" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:38:25 GMT, "Bob Bohling"

    ><rbohling437@comcast{NOSPAMALLOWED}.net> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Peter Briggs" <> wrote in message

    >> >Hilary Clinton: monster or robot. You choose.
    >> >

    >> Next President, when Georgie does his time.

    >You must live in N.Y.. That evil twat won't ever make it.

    You said that once already. It was a lame statement then and still is.

    Hate to tell ya, but it's no longer a 'man's world' and I thank heaven for that!
    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 7, 2003
  20. Jake

    Eric R. Guest

    Mark Spatny <> wrote in message

    > And the most horrible, terrifying creature of all:
    >
    > 10. Michael Bay

    ....And much scarier than any fictional monster.

    -Eric
    Eric R., Jul 7, 2003