    Is there a software package available that one could run on a PC to create a
    cheap voice mail system to have practially unlimited number of voice mail
    boxes by using VOIP technology?

    Al Franz, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Al Franz

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Al Franz <> wrote:
    > Is there a software package available that one could run on a PC to create a
    > cheap voice mail system to have practially unlimited number of voice mail
    > boxes by using VOIP technology?

    Sure, Asterisk.

    miguel
    Latest photos: Hong Kong; Macau; Amsterdam; Grand Canyon; Amman, Jordan

    Miguel Cruz, Oct 6, 2005

  3. "Al Franz" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Is there a software package available that one could run on a PC to create
    > a cheap voice mail system to have practially unlimited number of voice
    > mail boxes by using VOIP technology?

    There are quite a few systems out there. Two questions:

    a.) What kind of environment do you plan to run your stuff in? (Cisco,
    Avaya...)
    b.) Are you looking for something cheap or something inexpensive - and what
    is the budget you are able to spend...

    Tobias

    Tobias Erichsen, Oct 6, 2005
  4. Al Franz

    Dmitri Guest

    Al Franz wrote:

    > Is there a software package available that one could run on a PC to
    > create a
    > cheap voice mail system to have practially unlimited number of voice
    > mail
    > boxes by using VOIP technology?

    As it has been suggested here already, you can try Asterisk. However, if
    an Open Source Software solution is not your thing, you can try Avaya. You
    are going to have a bit of a technical/financial problem accommodating for
    the huge amount of channels if you expect a lot of SIMULTANEOUS calls into
    your voicemail system. However, if these boxes are mostly storage and only
    several dozens are accessed AT THE SAME TIME, you can get away with a
    relatively inexpensive (considering the size of the installation) Avaya IP
    Office Voice Mail Pro system that allows for unlimited amount of
    boxes/storage (well, limited by hard drive space only)

    --
    Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
    http://www.cabling-design.com

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forum
    no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup -

    Dmitri, Oct 6, 2005