  1. amir masaeli

    amir masaeli Guest

    when the mcse track 2000 exams will expire
    amir masaeli, Nov 8, 2003

  2. amir masaeli

    Guest Guest

    What do you mean by expire?

    right now the MCSE Win 2k is almost good for life. You
    won't be able to attain it after the exams retire
    (discontinued), because you won't be able to take them
    anymore.

    When will the 2K exams retire? Figure some time after the
    longhorn comes out. Anything more percise - go but a
    crystal ball.

    To give you an idea: You cannot take any of the Windows NT
    4.0 eams today, because they were discontinued. However,
    if you already have the core exams, and are just missing
    the electives, you could get a MCSE on Windows NT 4.0
    TODAY. Which, in one sense, the MCSE on Windows NT 4.0
    certification & track were not retired DIRECTLY, but only
    the means to get there. Since the electives can still be
    taken, the track is not completely dead.

    What will happen to Win2K, and even Win2K3 remains to be
    seen!

    Guest, Nov 8, 2003

  3. amir masaeli

    KasKoo Guest

    If I look at the Nt4 track they kept it alive for almost 8
    years so you might be good for a while. but they expect to
    publish the next generation of OS in late 2005-2006, so
    only time can tell.

    Also they haven't finish to create all of the exams for
    the 2003 track.

    KasKoo, Nov 9, 2003