    My fellow failed in browsing since morning as page can't displayed
    error coming.What should be done to fix?

    , Jun 2, 2006

  2. Duane Arnold Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We have 4 laptops sharing for Wireless Internet Connection, Some of us
    > keep laptop connected by a Ethernet Cable Plugged-in,too.
    > I have
    > (1) Internet Gateway Connection
    > (2) Under LAN or HS Internet following:
    > 1394 Connection
    > Local Area Connection
    >
    > My fellow failed in browsing since morning as page can't displayed
    > error coming.What should be done to fix?

    What IP is the machine getting when you enter IPconfg /all at the Command
    Prompt.

    If the IP is 0 or starts with 169, then the machine is not getting an IP
    from the DHCP server on the LAN that is going to allow the machine to access
    the Internet. The machine is timing out if the 169 IP is there.

    Maybe, the one machine has been compromised by malware that has hosed the
    TCP/IP stack on the machine, which there are fixes for that if that's the
    case, after you have found the malware.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 2, 2006