    one frame per second rate. The camera would need to have an external trigger
    to synchronize the process.

    Thanks, Don and Liz

    Don and Liz Campbell, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Don and Liz Campbell

    Deep Reset Guest

    "Don and Liz Campbell" <> wrote in message
    >I am looking for a SLR digital camera in the $1000 range that has the
    >capability of taking a picture per second and transferring these images
    >continually to a computer hard drive. I will be using a macro lens to
    >transfer 16 mm movie film frames and I would like to step the frames at a
    >one frame per second rate. The camera would need to have an external
    >trigger to synchronize the process.
    >
    > Thanks, Don and Liz

    Pentax *ist or *ist DS with Remote Assistant.
    HTH
    Deep.

    Deep Reset, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Don and Liz Campbell

    paul Guest

    Don and Liz Campbell wrote:

    > I am looking for a SLR digital camera in the $1000 range that has the
    > capability of taking a picture per second and transferring these images
    > continually to a computer hard drive. I will be using a macro lens to
    > transfer 16 mm movie film frames and I would like to step the frames at a
    > one frame per second rate. The camera would need to have an external trigger
    > to synchronize the process.

    You must be the same person who was asking about this recently. I'm
    curious what rig you intend to use for this. I tried shooting some
    slides once from a projected screen and it was pretty darn bad so don't
    plan on that technique. The new Canon does have a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
    connection, whatever that works out to. Again, consider the resolution
    that is practical for DVD, I thin it's pretty small, so it's possible a
    non-DSLR will work for your needs.

    paul, Mar 25, 2005
  4. Don and Liz Campbell

    Mike Guest

    Canon Powershot Pro1
    Use the Intervalometer setting and adjust file size to arrive at one frame
    per second.
    The provided software will take care of transfering images to your PC.

    Mike, Mar 25, 2005
  5. Don and Liz Campbell

    Mike Guest

    OOoops..
    Sorry - just noticed you're looking for a SLR.
    Take a look at the Pro1 anyway - it'a an incredible camera with an
    incredible lens.

    Mike, Mar 25, 2005